Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.4 Average
[SD] OmegaNightmare
2016-08-11, 06:24 PM
RE: [SD] OmegaNightmare
I doubt it can fly with much heavy armor, its already rather heavy for the type of aircraft it is.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-08-11, 06:26 PM
I noticed that it is vulnerable to small missiles that fly and hit the sides, particularly radar missiles tuat are attracted to sides with high radar return.
It has actually been 3 shotted by missiles in this way.
Maybe it needs more armor on the sides

[Image: DrBGmGy.png]

Join the Universal Supreme Alliance!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2016-09-02, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 2016-09-02 09:56 PM by ARCAGNELL0.)
I used to fear this thing. The sole thought of fighting something solely built for the purpose of absolute murder made me cower away in fear into the VD, desperately trying to find a way to kill it before it even got the chance to fire its devastating missile salvo.

Well, now I want everyone to still feel the same about it so I did an update that while very minor in aesthetic changes drastically improved the vehicle performance!

The old ON had the following issues

- 3x3 omni mantlets used as armor, That's an exploit

- outdated engines

- outdated missiles

- underarmored

-very prone to being knocked out with minimal damage

-the main AI is in the nose, with an awful lack of armor protecting it

-no defence against missiles whatsoever apart from speed

-the APS strapped on the sides not only don't do enough damage to be worth the space but they also incapacitate the whole craft if exploding since they chain react with eachother and that kills the custom jet engine

-not enough ammo processing power to always be able to release a full volley of missiles on each pass

-not enough fuel to last a respectable amount of time

-goes into space when turning, limiting the turn speed

I am glad to announce all the aforementioned problems have been solved, with the craft gaining just over 150 blocks.

I did the following changes

-completely repositioned the armor and improved upon it. now there's a layer of Heavy armor behind the metal on the top, bottom, sides, front and rear of the craft for enchanced durabilty. had some instances when it could still fly at 100 m/s under 85%

-overhauled engine system

-overhauled fuel positioning

-overhauled ammo failsafes, now they are in front of the turret

-overhauled missiles: the ones on the sides are now torpedoes while the ones on the back are staggered to reduce the lag spike of firing them all at once but also are radar guided, allowing them to have the same number of warheads as before but to go 50% faster. It can now counter itself.

-overhauled the turrets: while they basically look the same I shortened the underdeck section, gave each one of them a 9m armored rangefinder, and turned them into very useful CIWS now that the missiles/torpedoes can hit all types of targets already. This also prevents them from exploding and completely screwing the craft over

-added two hidden flare launchers on top and bottom. They shoot 3 block flares with a 5k variable thruster to go in front of the craft and divert missiles with a guidance on

-added munition warners all over the place for redundancy

-removed one AI and placed the remaining one in the safest spot possible

-improved shielding to also cover the turrets even if they don't pop anymore, I also made sure the back was shielded at all times to prevent frag warheads from hurting the missile battery after the CIWS turrets shoot down the missiles

-I set ACB controls on the Custom jet engine to have it reduce thrust if the craft goes over 400 meters. This assures it to never slow down when turning and always being able to stay at the right altitude

As a result of these changes it can now reliably kill a Bullshark 1vs1. You'll see it taking damage but it will be able to disable the Bullshark's main weaponry before his own is rendered inoperable.

It also is able to kill fast stuff now too due to the radar missiles, and I set the failsafes correctly so you won't have radar missiles firing at submarines and torpedoes launching when an enemy Aircraft is nearby.

P.S. if the download link does not work do the following: Right click on the download link--> Save as Blueprint file in your Constructables folder

Edit: updated the BP file with a version that has one more fin on the missiles

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.blueprint  OmegaNightmare_update.blueprint (Size: 370.83 KB / Downloads: 17)

I do not apply murder to the vehicle, the murder has the vehicle built around it! -ARCAGNELL0

"If there is no struggle, there is no progress" -Frederick Douglass

(2017-01-23 04:32 PM)Shade Wrote:  I think you can basically stack infinite shields in an arc
2016-09-02, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 2016-09-02 10:34 PM by ARCAGNELL0.)
OH almost forgot. Didn't bother putting the smoke system back how it used to be. It gets mauled by lasers anyway. it's got some armor now at the very least. That should account for something.

Just spawn a Tachyon (LH godly thrustercraft) against it and see how both this updated version and the current one fare.

If you want a flyer that can tank laser and kick LH's ass you use a Calamity Big Grin

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I do not apply murder to the vehicle, the murder has the vehicle built around it! -ARCAGNELL0

(2017-01-23 04:32 PM)Shade Wrote:  I think you can basically stack infinite shields in an arc
2017-03-27, 11:53 AM
Just redirecting to this link to show the actual changelog between the in-game omeganightmare and my last post in this thread.

The in-game version is the "AA variant" in the OP. I'd rather not spam the changelog all over again here, it's not exactly short.