Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.4 Average
How to disco, an easy laser guide!
2016-06-27, 11:17 AM
RE: How to disco, an easy laser guide!
(2016-06-27 11:01 AM)Only Mostly Here Wrote:  AP value should still be 3 I believe (projectiles as far as I know still have an armour class of 1), but there will no longer be a specific 'best' damage value. I'd recommend 200 or so (a bit more to compensate for range, so 218-230), as this is enough to kill 6 block missiles, which is one of the more practical and dangerous sizes. I'm assuming 33.3 health per block here, but it might be 25 in which case you'd shoot for the 160-170 damage range.

Thanks.

I've seen the larger CRAM shells with health over 2500, so I made my LAMS a bit, uh, larger.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-10-28, 06:46 AM
If people are still here, I have a question: What in the heck have I done wrong? I have a system with eight combiners on spinblocks (two spinners, four combiners each, trying to make a laser saw) that vaguely(?) works, but if I do a continuous laser like I want, it says it has 0 damage. However, when I add a Q-switch, it gives me some absurd NEGATIVE damage value for both the continuous and pulsed lasers (Continuous usually has like -300 or so damage, and pulsed has -50,000.) This makes literally no sense to me, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks if anyone can help, it perplexes me that I can make any kind of missile or torpedo, almost any kind of cannon, and a particle cannon that can carve the Onyx Throne in half in four hits (and outright kill an Alcazar in five when set to explosive), but I can't make a laser that can do more than scratch the paint of a Sea Viper.
2016-10-28, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 2016-10-28 09:28 AM by zyonix.)
(2016-10-28 06:46 AM)CthulhuHalo Wrote:  ...
Is this in stable or devtest?
Maybe post this in the questions forum?
And include the blueprint.

My Blueprint Tools
2016-10-29, 11:54 PM
(2016-10-28 09:28 AM)zyonix Wrote:  
(2016-10-28 06:46 AM)CthulhuHalo Wrote:  ...
Is this in stable or devtest?
Maybe post this in the questions forum?
And include the blueprint.

Stable, and the only reason I posted it here was because this is a thread about lasers, and I figured people might be able to help. Sorry if that was wrong of me to assume.

I have no idea how to post blueprints, but it was just a test vehicle, not an actual ship or anything. I'd post it if I remembered to save it and knew how to, but I'm not sure on either of those...
2016-10-30, 02:22 AM
(2016-10-29 11:54 PM)CthulhuHalo Wrote:  Stable, and the only reason I posted it here was because this is a thread about lasers, and I figured people might be able to help. Sorry if that was wrong of me to assume.

I have no idea how to post blueprints, but it was just a test vehicle, not an actual ship or anything. I'd post it if I remembered to save it and knew how to, but I'm not sure on either of those...

People might be able to help if you post here, but more will see your question if you post in the questions forum.

There's instructions on how to post a blueprint here:
http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=10807

My Blueprint Tools
2017-07-07, 06:59 PM
Probably a bad time as laser changes are just around the corner in 2.0, but I've updated the thread with better block descriptions and general information about new or different mechanics.

Learn to disco!
[Image: wZy6UWh.png]
Technology equals might!
Do excuse me if I seem distant at times, I probably am.
2017-07-10, 11:48 AM
Oh thanks. I remember this thread from way back, helped me a lot to actually understand how to laser. Big Grin

(2017-06-19 03:02 PM)Guaibee Wrote:  Every once in a while I see a surge of replies on multiple threads from the same person...
spooling up reply surge...