Poll: How should subs be incorporated into DWG
Yes as described in OP (Give option in post)
Yes, but differently from OP (Give opinion in post)
Should just be one sub as a one off kind of thing
No (Give opinion in post)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Subs in DWG
2017-03-24, 03:44 AM
RE: Subs in DWG
(2015-08-17 12:34 AM)The Mustachi Master Wrote:  Subs are quite advanced, Not for the starter faction. (With vehicles like the scavenger and sea viper...)

Subs aren't that difficult to build IRL: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narco-submarine

Making them good, on the other hand...

Narco-sub style subs would be perfect for the DWG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-03-24, 03:59 AM
(2015-08-17 12:34 AM)The Mustachi Master Wrote:  Subs are quite advanced, Not for the starter faction. (With vehicles like the scavenger and sea viper...)

[url= https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narco-submarine]Subs aren't that difficult to build IRL
[/url]
Making them good, on the other hand...

Narco-sub style subs would be perfect for the DWG.
2017-03-24, 07:59 PM
(2017-01-05 12:31 AM)Vorpalim Wrote:  Please note the date on the last post of a thread and avoid practicing necromancy

[Image: 2e148b3926.gif][Image: wSoy1rk.gif]
This is why you don't make fighter pilots fly bomber aircraft...
2017-04-28, 10:13 PM
I would like to see more DWG submarines- frankly, in my campaigns, I don't actually see much of a Pequod. However, I agree with Wolfhunter. DWG submarines should remain small, and more rudimentary. I'm thinking of subs like the old Holland, or the Hunley, in nature. Some tiers can't hurt, but I don't know if any should make it into a Godly category for them, for instance.
2017-04-29, 05:17 AM
(2017-04-28 10:13 PM)KingNapoleonIV Wrote:  I would like to see more DWG submarines- frankly, in my campaigns, I don't actually see much of a Pequod. However, I agree with Wolfhunter. DWG submarines should remain small, and more rudimentary. I'm thinking of subs like the old Holland, or the Hunley, in nature. Some tiers can't hurt, but I don't know if any should make it into a Godly category for them, for instance.

Welcome to the forums friend, hope you enjoy your time here. That said, this thread has been getting necro'd on and off for the past few months, and it is appreciated for members to take note of the time stamp for the latest post of a thread.

DWG is completely full at the moment. Forecasts on the acceptance of new designs for them are projected to occur upon the end of fimbulvetr or the rapture.

Anyway, go ahead and check out the more active user design or submissions forums to weigh in on the work displayed there.
2017-05-05, 11:25 PM
I believe subs should be added, at least lower end ones. there should be subs included early to give something players can learn to make depth charges with, and something they can capture to learn from. it should be fairly slow, 5-10 m/s

then also higher tier ones that can provide a small challenge to destroy.

Lost are only those who give up on them selves.
2017-05-06, 12:53 AM
(2017-05-05 11:25 PM)Cairo1 Wrote:  I believe subs should be added, at least lower end ones. there should be subs included early to give something players can learn to make depth charges with, and something they can capture to learn from. it should be fairly slow, 5-10 m/s

then also higher tier ones that can provide a small challenge to destroy.

Make the case to Majyst then. He's rather adamant about maintaining DWG's current blueprint count as is though.
2017-08-24, 04:33 PM
I think the DWG should have at least one more sub. I think it shouldn't stay more than 20m down, and should have a few torpedoes and no more than 10 missiles. I think it could be interesting it stayed only semi-submerged, with a main cannon above water and an AA gun behind it, also above water, but the hull and missiles below the surface.