Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 3.7 Average
Simple Request-o-matic
2018-04-02, 10:42 PM
RE: Simple Request-o-matic
AI PID update to include Land AI (Land yaw and stuffs)

Once in a while I decide to do something stupid and try to perfect it. That is how some of my strongest designs were created.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-04-10, 08:55 PM
can we get 4m double diagonal cut beams (like the 1m wedge, instead of a tall spike like the 4m wedge, a fat one.)?
2018-04-11, 01:29 PM
Welcome to the forums, Painted.

That is a pretty good suggestion, and the same for 2-4m wedges to reduce block count, though they don't get used much except in very fast builds and at the bow of certain ships.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-04-11, 04:02 PM
maybe adding a colour to blocks (only visible in build mode) that are affected by a firing piece - this should aid in fixing problems with multibarrel weapons
note: the colour should be editable
2018-04-11, 04:09 PM
(2018-04-11 04:02 PM)MRSubscribe Wrote:  maybe adding a colour to blocks (only visible in build mode) that are affected by a firing piece - this should aid in fixing problems with multibarrel weapons

Yea, that would be awesome. I think it is a thing in FS, so would eventually get ported over, but it would be a nice addition now. I made a massive 23x23x4 railgun turret, and I'm pretty sure there might be some disconnected components, but I don't want to check through 1500 blocks.

Perhaps making the color affect only disconnected blocks, as another option through shift+P, would be even better for checking things that are disconnected, and possibly another option for connected things, as you said, for multiple systems.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2018-04-12, 08:27 AM
(2018-04-11 04:09 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  
(2018-04-11 04:02 PM)MRSubscribe Wrote:  maybe adding a colour to blocks (only visible in build mode) that are affected by a firing piece - this should aid in fixing problems with multibarrel weapons

Yea, that would be awesome. I think it is a thing in FS, so would eventually get ported over, but it would be a nice addition now. I made a massive 23x23x4 railgun turret, and I'm pretty sure there might be some disconnected components, but I don't want to check through 1500 blocks.

Perhaps making the color affect only disconnected blocks, as another option through shift+P, would be even better for checking things that are disconnected, and possibly another option for connected things, as you said, for multiple systems.

This is one of the feature of the ProtecTech Industries mod.
Coloring blocks from the same multi-blocks system, coloring disconnected blocks, and coloring blocks with problems.
2018-04-12, 03:10 PM
(2018-04-12 08:27 AM)Gladyon Wrote:  
(2018-04-11 04:09 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  

This is one of the feature of the ProtecTech Industries mod.
Coloring blocks from the same multi-blocks system, coloring disconnected blocks, and coloring blocks with problems.

But could it be a thing in vanilla FtD? I don't bother with mods since they make BP sharing harder, make bugs more likely, and add more stuff which slows the game a bit.

2018-04-12, 03:51 PM
(2018-04-12 03:10 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  But could it be a thing in vanilla FtD? I don't bother with mods since they make BP sharing harder, make bugs more likely, and add more stuff which slows the game a bit.

ProtecTechTools adds very few blocks, and they aren't necessary to have the outlining feature. so you cna have the mod and still have blueprints fully compatible with vanilla.

But yes, it could be a feature from FtD.
It needs a lot of work to be done, in fact it's the major feature of my mod.
To give you an idea, it's at least twice the work compared to stacking SubConstructs.
So, it won't come soon.
2018-04-12, 03:59 PM
(2018-04-12 03:51 PM)Gladyon Wrote:  
(2018-04-12 03:10 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  But could it be a thing in vanilla FtD? I don't bother with mods since they make BP sharing harder, make bugs more likely, and add more stuff which slows the game a bit.

ProtecTechTools adds very few blocks, and they aren't necessary to have the outlining feature. Therefore, you can have the mod and still have blueprints fully compatible with vanilla.

But yes, it could be a feature for FtD.
It needs a lot of work to be done, in fact it's the major feature of my mod.
To give you an idea, it's at least twice the work compared to stacking SubConstructs.
So, it won't come soon.

Ok, but it will be a nice QoL feature once the game gets more fleshed out.

2018-04-17, 07:24 PM
I started working (again!) on some cheap ant-ship nuke missile, so this one came naturally to my mind: could we get blueprint spawners possible to be fit on turrets? Or spinners?

-"Speed is armor" - Admiral john 'Jackie' Fisher

-"Firepower is better armor" - Blitzkrieg Bob