Thread Rating:
  • 10 Votes - 3.7 Average
Simple Request-o-matic
2017-11-02, 01:26 PM
RE: Simple Request-o-matic
(2017-11-02 08:40 AM)Carolus Magnus Wrote:  -snip-

I totally agree, we need even more versatility for APS, especially bombs. There are some rudimentary ways to make bombs: ejectors, railguns, and low strength gunpowder, but they don't work the best. Presumably you might be able to make a "shell holder" bomb bay with str 10 shields holding a large number of shells, and then the bottom shield is turned off when you get close to enemies.
+1

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-02, 06:53 PM
Just a silly request on the pass by;

I remember when version 1.6 came to pass, the old version with the ancient campaign map was kept available as a subscribable beta program on steam for a while.

I'm going through a little Ftd nostalgia phase currently, and I wondered whether you keep any of that legacy material left somewhere. If so, could the legacy campaign be made available as an opt-in beta again?

Bit silly, but I've got little cravings right now.

"If you don't know what to do, there's actually a chance of doing something new"
-Philip Glass

"A god is a perfect excuse for the unexcusable"
- Salman Rushdie
2017-11-10, 04:32 PM
Maybe you could add more decorative blocks ?
The best one would be a block that would use a menu like the APS shell intake, you would select 2 blocks, and they would make a cable between the 2 blocks, and maybe make the block look like a pipe instead of a block, so we can make railings, ... Smile
Or sound block, it's good too

Roses are red, violet are blue
Omaera mo shindeiru
2017-11-13, 07:16 AM
I think frag warheads should also allow you to adjust the inner spread of the cone.
2017-11-13, 01:48 PM
(2017-11-13 07:16 AM)SovereignVis Wrote:  I think frag warheads should also allow you to adjust the inner spread of the cone.

What do you mean ? like, having the entire cone but with a empty inside cone ? so the missile would hit everything AROUND where the missile touched its target ? that rather strange as you usually want to destroy what the missile hit, but it may result in some intersting missile idea Smile, the main problem of the missile right now are more the lack of module rather than the lack of function of a certain one thou ahah Big Grin

Omaera mo shindeiru
2017-11-13, 04:22 PM
(2017-11-13 01:48 PM)Linkdeous Wrote:  What do you mean ? like, having the entire cone but with a empty inside cone ? so the missile would hit everything AROUND where the missile touched its target ? that rather strange as you usually want to destroy what the missile hit, but it may result in some intersting missile idea Smile, the main problem of the missile right now are more the lack of module rather than the lack of function of a certain one thou ahah Big Grin

What I mean is this.
[Image: 11.jpg]
If you could also adjust the inner cone of the frag spray you could get a ring like shaped spray zone like many real life anti-air missiles have. But this could also be used with bombs and cannon shells to do some interesting things as well.
2017-11-17, 09:15 AM
(2017-11-13 04:22 PM)SovereignVis Wrote:  
(2017-11-13 01:48 PM)Linkdeous Wrote:  What do you mean ? like, having the entire cone but with a empty inside cone ? so the missile would hit everything AROUND where the missile touched its target ? that rather strange as you usually want to destroy what the missile hit, but it may result in some intersting missile idea Smile, the main problem of the missile right now are more the lack of module rather than the lack of function of a certain one thou ahah Big Grin

What I mean is this.
[Image: 11.jpg]
If you could also adjust the inner cone of the frag spray you could get a ring like shaped spray zone like many real life anti-air missiles have. But this could also be used with bombs and cannon shells to do some interesting things as well.
Thanks, that what what i was thinking about , i didn't knew that most missile were working like this, the more you know ^^

Omaera mo shindeiru
2017-11-17, 09:19 AM
the ability to Set PIDS beyond 180 degrees would be awesome. ALso the ability to detect Vertical Velocity or buoyancy (would be a great boon help with sub users) with a ACB would be great.

Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?
~Axel Oxenstierna 1648
2017-11-18, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-11-18 11:33 AM by Mizmoon.)
Don't the PID's already go between -180 and 180? Confused
2017-11-18, 02:33 PM
(2017-11-18 11:32 AM)Mizmoon Wrote:  Don't the PID's already go between -180 and 180? Confused

No, like , more than 180, because you can't make a altitude PID go further than 180 with only the pid, you need a ACB next to it to set the maount, but it take space (so in very small plane it's meh) and also, it's hard to use if you wanna switch the values easily, you need to find the pid, etc etc

Omaera mo shindeiru