Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Add block types to Aim Point Selection Card
2018-05-13, 09:45 PM
Add block types to Aim Point Selection Card
I want to improve the way vehicles target their weapons at enemies in this game by making a very short, very simple modification to the Aim Point Selection card, by giving its drop-down menu more options for block types to choose as aim points.

At a minimum, I would like to add "Engines" to the list of options (Electric Engine, Fuel Engine Generator, Steam Control (Small), Steam Control (Large). If it's not much more trouble, I would like to add other high-priority blocks as options, such as firing pieces (laser combiners, particle cannons, non-melee simple weapons), local weapon controllers, and mobility enablers (ion/jet thrusters, propellers, dediblade spinblocks).

Ideally, I'd like to add Center-of-Mass as an option, targeting whichever block is closest to the enemy's CoM, but I'm to understand that this is more complicated than just using block types as aim points, so it's not a huge priority for me at the moment.

I've never modded anything before, but I'm willing to learn how to mod FtD just to build something that does this if I have to. Either way, any help would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-05-14, 01:15 PM
RE: Add block types to Aim Point Selection Card
I want to try my algorithm so I will be trying to learn how to mod too.
Good luck.
2018-05-14, 04:49 PM
Modding the AimPoint card isn't straightforward, but the ProtecTech Industries mod already mods the AimPoint card, so I advise you to take a look at its source code in order to have a better idea about how to proceed
2018-05-15, 09:55 AM
Yeah the block lists are a bit of a mess but an option to select first, second and third order priority would be really nice eventually.
2018-05-15, 07:17 PM
(2018-05-15 09:55 AM)khaz Wrote:  Yeah the block lists are a bit of a mess but an option to select first, second and third order priority would be really nice eventually.

At some point I intend to include what I did in my mod, it won't be exactly the same but it should be close.
Maybe with a priority order as you suggest, it would make it better.