FTD Roadmap for the next few months
2018-05-16, 12:05 PM
RE: FTD Roadmap for the next few months
You can instance neter and change the density/drag stuff in the planet config
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-05-16, 03:32 PM
(2018-05-16 12:05 PM)khaz Wrote:  You can instance neter and change the density/drag stuff in the planet config

indeed. I only need the new values from you master, and I could destroy the world. Wink

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-05-16, 11:13 PM
Haha I had it all written down somewhere years ago, but trying to find it again is like a needle in a haystack (I have several thousand pages of notes two computers) Smile.
Probably just have to experiment to find a nice set but i remember 0.1 airdrag being optimal. Stuff actually accellerates as it falls like you'd expect something in real life and it would make adding airdrag to shells easier later on I suspect.
2018-05-17, 11:38 AM
Any ETA on the stable release of ACB rework and the addition of the new wave physics and all the nice goodies we've been promised for upcoming releases? Smile

Procrastination level is over 9000
2018-05-17, 03:07 PM
alright, obligatory rant about wheels being bad and so on.

I wonder how difficult it would be to make wheel/tread blocks, that, when placed adjacent, share their force and exert it at all places where one of these blocks touches the ground.

Also, why do unused wheels (the ones ruled out by the 20 wheels limit) use power, and why does the game select fewer than 20 wheels to actually work?

Once in a while I decide to do something stupid and try to perfect it. That is how some of my strongest designs were created.
2018-05-18, 07:48 AM
(2018-05-17 03:07 PM)CubeMaster_1 Wrote:  alright, obligatory rant about wheels being bad and so on.

I wonder how difficult it would be to make wheel/tread blocks, that, when placed adjacent, share their force and exert it at all places where one of these blocks touches the ground.

Also, why do unused wheels (the ones ruled out by the 20 wheels limit) use power, and why does the game select fewer than 20 wheels to actually work?

This can be answered with one word: Unity.

The engine itself has a limit to how many wheel physics/force it applies. Except you start to extensively rewrite the engine code to allow for more wheels (like KSP does - they actually did a whole lot more, but that is another story), you will be stuck with that 20 wheels limit. I am not too bothered by that, tho. There are more pressing matters imho. Tank tracks are interesting, but I think for now that is more the modding corner I think.

The dummy wheels using power is probably a bug.

(2018-03-12 05:51 AM)Chunkblaster Wrote:  @Lord O' Talons What Anime is that?

(2018-03-12 01:22 PM)Lord O Talons Wrote:  BM effects and docking stations.

---lolwhat Big Grin
2018-05-18, 08:50 AM
(2018-05-16 11:13 PM)khaz Wrote:  Haha I had it all written down somewhere years ago, but trying to find it again is like a needle in a haystack (I have several thousand pages of notes two computers) Smile.
Probably just have to experiment to find a nice set but i remember 0.1 airdrag being optimal. Stuff actually accelerates as it falls like you'd expect something in real life and it would make adding airdrag to shells easier later on I suspect.

Thank you for your effort!

I've already experimented with 0.5 airdrag for Helious, my thrifty airships and they still fly. Surely because of buffer values, as they usually provide resources around.

Maybe you have a hunch about water drag/densiy values?
What is needed to change in what direction for boat stability?

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-05-18, 11:28 AM
From playing with the physics sliders, it seems that reducing forces in general is good for boat stability. I guess having high forces means the boats get jerked around a lot while the lower forces give smaller and slower changes.
2018-05-18, 04:09 PM
That's good to know. I really hate how much boats bob up and down and roll and even pitch, without strong active stabilization, another reason to make airships.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast