Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Cannon Request Page (and some small premade turrets)
2018-05-16, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-05-16 03:05 AM by MizarLuke.)
RE: Cannon Request Page (and some small premade turrets)
500k expected recoil, 646m/s and 68000 kinetic damage for the hollow point shell. Wow. This gun will be pretty quick to make, since I've already got the tetris down from another gun I just finished making. I'll be able to get 37rpm and 205k recoil cancelled. Also, may I use a bore evacuator on the barrel? The cooldown is quite extreme and the 10% would help let me use more railgun chargers and recoil absorbtion.

Something random to note: 200,000 railgun charge (the max you can set in the ammo customizer) will roughly double speed, range, kinetic damage, and AP, but multiplies recoil by 5x, regardless of how much power is used towards accuracy vs speed.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-05-16, 07:30 AM
You can use a bore evacuator

"Anata no soba de! " - Hearts of Iron phrase.
2018-05-16, 03:16 PM
Ok, I'll finish it tonight. Is ~175,000 recoil per second ok? That is about what I'm expecting to wind up with, though that is a strange measurement which is hard to really figure out. I may be able to fit an extra 8m absorber, taking it down to about 125,000 recoil per second.

I'll make the AP round later, it shouldn't be very hard to do. What head do you want, just a standard AP capped head?

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2018-05-16, 04:35 PM
Yep a standard AP capped head is fine, and the recoil is acceptable

2018-05-17, 11:25 PM
Got it done, it should be pretty good and fit your constraints. The barrel is 21m long because the AP shell needs a 20.1m long barrel to burn all the gunpowder. Big Grin

37rpm, most of the recoil cancelled, I think I got 32/54ish thousand. The shells should be quite devastating. I'm not quite sure about the stats, but the shells are quite fast and damaging. You need to make sure to have some disrupter rounds firing, too. The rail assist isn't very strong, but you do get and extra 50m/s and a bit of accuracy. If the firing piece is in the wrong spot, I can easily move it a tiny bit, though a few things will need adjusted.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Gamng19 Guns.blueprint (Size: 427.61 KB / Downloads: 2)

2018-05-18, 12:05 AM
I'll look at it later today

Yesterday, 12:18 PM
I love it, thanks

Today, 02:41 AM (This post was last modified: Today 02:43 AM by MizarLuke.)
Glad you like it. I didn't really do any combat testing myself, but I think it should be able to shoot straight through a Bulwark, depending on where you hit. I think it has pretty weak upward shields, so I bet you could probably shoot straight through a main gun or even the engines through the superstructure, with the AP, that is. Against metal, the HP shell with do 1/3 of its kinetic energy (roughly, because of metal's armor value), so it should destroy plenty of beams and just strip whole sections.

Today, 03:30 AM
I plan to have about 5 of then shooting at 1 turret,to mate sure its dead of course