Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hydrofoil as Stabilizers not working?
2018-03-09, 03:23 PM
Hydrofoil as Stabilizers not working?
Its been a while since i last played FTD and i just noticed when i was building a new ship platform that i cant seem to make work the ACB + hydrofoils as a means to stabilize the ship. Does this comes with the new patch or somewhere behind the previous patches?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-03-10, 07:07 AM
RE: Hydrofoil as Stabilizers not working?
It works. Play around with balance, positioning or the ACBs. A BP would help.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-03-10, 01:15 PM
On my older constructs it works fine, But my recent design (this patch) has the hydrofoil stuck in one direction, I suspect it may be the MOD's that i have installed or something else.
2018-03-12, 04:17 PM
Check to make sure you don't have another ACB somewhere which is overriding anything new you set down. Try using shift+P (I think press it 4 times) to remove the hull blocks, then look for it. Another option is to put down a new ACB that will activate when altitude lower than 2600 to get a trigger every tick, to override old ACBs. ACBs get overhauled soon, so some of this will change.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-03-12, 04:31 PM
(2018-03-12 04:17 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  Check to make sure you don't have another ACB somewhere which is overriding anything new you set down. Try using shift+P (I think press it 4 times) to remove the hull blocks, then look for it. Another option is to put down a new ACB that will activate when altitude lower than 2600 to get a trigger every tick, to override old ACBs. ACBs get overhauled as soon as Gladyon finds the time to do it, so some of this will change.

Fixed. Big Grin

Do you also use PIDor ACB roll/altitude stabilization? Sounds like there is a range restriction for another ACB broken/not there or the PID overrides all your input.

(2018-03-12 05:51 AM)Chunkblaster Wrote:  @Lord O' Talons What Anime is that?

(2018-03-12 01:22 PM)Lord O Talons Wrote:  BM effects and docking stations.

---lolwhat Big Grin
2018-03-12, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-03-12 05:49 PM by MizarLuke.)
(2018-03-12 04:31 PM)Tyr3n Wrote:  
(2018-03-12 04:17 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  Check to make sure you don't have another ACB somewhere which is overriding anything new you set down. Try using shift+P (I think press it 4 times) to remove the hull blocks, then look for it. Another option is to put down a new ACB that will activate when altitude lower than 2600 to get a trigger every tick, to override old ACBs. ACBs get overhauled as soon as Gladyon finds the time to finish doing it, so some of this will change.

Fixed. Big Grin

Fixed. Big Grin

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-03-13, 01:18 PM
(2018-03-12 05:49 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  
(2018-03-12 04:31 PM)Tyr3n Wrote:  
(2018-03-12 04:17 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  Check to make sure you don't have another ACB somewhere which is overriding anything new you set down. Try using shift+P (I think press it 4 times) to remove the hull blocks, then look for it. Another option is to put down a new ACB that will activate when altitude lower than 2600 to get a trigger every tick, to override old ACBs. ACBs get overhauled as soon as Gladyon finds the time to finish doing it, so some of this will change.

Fixed. Big Grin

Fixed. Big Grin

I approve. xD

---lolwhat Big Grin
2018-03-13, 04:40 PM
somehow i managed to fix the bug, well accidentally that is, deleted any other ACB's, control systems, etc. the thing is i sort of copy and pasted the construct file into a new directory and to my surprise the bug is gone, managed to play with the construct and even added PID roll stabilization, I was playing on campaign mode when i tried to install an automated shield system by using another ACB's, thats when the bug occured again, worse is even the PID roll stabilization got stuck too, it just keep on rolling on the same direction as the angle of the hydrofoil indicates. MOD's present in my game is After Cataclysm and ProtecTech tools.
2018-03-14, 11:52 AM
It is probably for the best to drop the output file towards the forum. If it IS a bug, it appears there.

---lolwhat Big Grin