Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please criticize my first ship
2018-02-16, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-02-16 02:53 PM by Richard Dastardly.)
RE: Please criticize my first ship
(2018-02-16 02:01 PM)Normal69 Wrote:  I wonder if I set a simple fix-barreled timefused flak cannon shoot continually from the sides, let's say with 10m radius flak-effect from 12m of my hull - would that provide a continous damage zone preventing enemy ordance to come thru?

The idea comes from seeing some CRAM shells coming at my unit explode in my bulletstorm.

That was a thing we used to do, until HE radius got fixed; pop a big flak round 11m off the hull so it just pops missiles & rambots. You'll find a flak round with an actual 11m radius is absolutely pathetic, unfortunately. Cram shells exploding is likely to be a fuse though.

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 24/02/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - sea -> post processing -> eyestrain.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-02-16, 03:22 PM
(2018-02-12 12:06 AM)Aperson Wrote:  This is my first somewhat functional ship. It doesn't have a name, it goes faster than it needs to and has huge amounts of excess engine power, it's very easy to sink (although it takes longer to kill), has 165 missiles and 8 badly made turreted Cram Cannons and nothing else, it looks horrible, it doesn't deal with EMP very well, it's poorly armored, I wasn't even the one who made the hull, and only the extremely vital parts are shielded. Tell me what problems I missed. I'll probably fix a lot of these. It dies against most Neter ships of it's size but does surprisingly well against the WW2 campaign enemies.

Edit: Here's some pictures, forgot about those things.

Edit 2: Needs a name. Preferably not too serious.

speed is the second best armour type, speed is very good, especially if ammo rack and fuel are at the back - this will force enemy aimpoint lead fail to miss your ship, entirely effectively giving you more armour. mechanical armour is the worst and last type of armour that you use when real armour fails. So well played in making it fast, extra engine power allows you to make many variations from the same hull type, rail guns, PAC cannons, hover ship, etc, looks like a very good but ugly start.
This will probably be useful,
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1285118460 The components are designed to find a balance between combat/effieciency/cvost and looks
2018-02-16, 05:55 PM
(2018-02-16 03:22 PM)randomnooby Wrote:  
(2018-02-12 12:06 AM)Aperson Wrote:  This is my first somewhat functional ship. It doesn't have a name, it goes faster than it needs to and has huge amounts of excess engine power, it's very easy to sink (although it takes longer to kill), has 165 missiles and 8 badly made turreted Cram Cannons and nothing else, it looks horrible, it doesn't deal with EMP very well, it's poorly armored, I wasn't even the one who made the hull, and only the extremely vital parts are shielded. Tell me what problems I missed. I'll probably fix a lot of these. It dies against most Neter ships of it's size but does surprisingly well against the WW2 campaign enemies.

Edit: Here's some pictures, forgot about those things.

Edit 2: Needs a name. Preferably not too serious.

speed is the second best armour type, speed is very good, especially if ammo rack and fuel are at the back - this will force enemy aimpoint lead fail to miss your ship, entirely effectively giving you more armour. mechanical armour is the worst and last type of armour that you use when real armour fails. So well played in making it fast, extra engine power allows you to make many variations from the same hull type, rail guns, PAC cannons, hover ship, etc, looks like a very good but ugly start.
This will probably be useful,
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1285118460 The components are designed to find a balance between combat/effieciency/cvost and looks
When I said too fast, I mean it was so fast and unbalanced that it would throw itself out of the water.

All the good ideas have already been thought of, so I'll think of bad ideas with hopes that one of them works out well.
2018-02-17, 12:26 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-02-18 10:00 PM by Aperson.)
Made some more progress on my ship, I changed the torpedo designs a bit, added probably too much ammo storage for cheaper dakka, added rudders, added then I tested the torpedoes, and to my dismay, they don't really do much. The turrets spin erratically and the anti-torpedo torpedoes don't even fire. Now I need to fix that and the anti-air...

Edit: Made more improvements, added way too much fuel, some engines, fixed LAMs a bit, added mainframes for each weapon type used, still need to fix AA guns and torpedoes.

Edit 2: Made more improvements like giving the cram cannons their own detection, replacing the metal armor for them with heavy armor, I separated the hull some and put air pumps in the new compartments, I put more LAM shooter things in, I tried putting in ACB controlled downward facing propellers but they don't do anything. I plan on separating the hull into a top and bottom half to make some more room, I'll probably put in more engines and shield the top. I still need to fix the AA and torpedoes, and the engines seem to be overheating a lot.

Edit 3: I improved the issue of overheating, added 2 more engines, and separated the top and bottom parts of the hull to make more space. I plan on adding shielding to the top of the ship and making a few ammo processors.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Battleship MkIII.blueprint (Size: 1.14 MB / Downloads: 1)

All the good ideas have already been thought of, so I'll think of bad ideas with hopes that one of them works out well.
2018-02-21, 12:08 AM
For upward lift, use a GP PID et to altitude, and then set it to whatever you want, use the indicator on the right of your HUD for reference.

For torpedoes, not sure if you do or not, haven't looked at the BP, use only HE, unless you have 6 or more warheads, then use some frag.

(2017-04-20 06:54 PM)Hikari Wrote:  I made something that has an impact of a type 1a supernova. The projectile already breaks laws of physics by going way past the speed of light.

2000mm HE Dakka Enthusiast
2018-02-21, 12:11 AM
(2018-02-21 12:08 AM)MizarLuke Wrote:  For upward lift, use a GP PID et to altitude, and then set it to whatever you want, use the indicator on the right of your HUD for reference.

For torpedoes, not sure if you do or not, haven't looked at the BP, use only HE, unless you have 6 or more warheads, then use some frag.
I have a large swarm of medium HE torpedoes. As for PIDs... I probably should have thought of that sooner :/