Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
2.12 released [ all branches]
2018-01-15, 09:40 PM
RE: 2.12 released [ all branches]
There's also a few other bugfixes.
Including a freezing in some situation with SubConstructs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-01-16, 04:23 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-01-16 04:27 AM by Albino.)
are anti missile cannon controllers purposefully excluded from turret on turret operation?
the controller seems not to aim the stacked turret, though the base turret does aim. the more forward turret was just to make sure the top turret would function on its own.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  test platform bug.blueprint (Size: 101.38 KB / Downloads: 2)

Builds things*
*Quality Varies
2018-01-16, 10:13 AM
(2018-01-16 04:23 AM)Albino Wrote:  are anti missile cannon controllers purposefully excluded from turret on turret operation?
the controller seems not to aim the stacked turret, though the base turret does aim. the more forward turret was just to make sure the top turret would function on its own.

They work a bit differently from the LWC, I still have to understand how they are managed...
Yesterday, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 12:13 PM by Richard Dastardly.)
(2018-01-16 10:13 AM)Gladyon Wrote:  They work a bit differently from the LWC, I still have to understand how they are managed...

Maybe make them a literal variant of a LWC, rather than a parallel device? would fix the complaints that they only work on subobjects also. And, less code, etc.

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 12/01/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - sea -> post processing -> eyestrain.
Yesterday, 01:33 PM
(Yesterday 12:12 PM)Richard Dastardly Wrote:  
(2018-01-16 10:13 AM)Gladyon Wrote:  They work a bit differently from the LWC, I still have to understand how they are managed...

Maybe make them a literal variant of a LWC, rather than a parallel device? would fix the complaints that they only work on subobjects also. And, less code, etc.

There's a reason for them to work as they do (only on SubObjects I mean).
Also, currently they can control only one turret, that was also done on purpose in the code.

I need to know why it's been done like that before breaking everything.
Yesterday, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 05:27 PM by Richard Dastardly.)
(Yesterday 01:33 PM)Gladyon Wrote:  There's a reason for them to work as they do (only on SubObjects I mean).
Also, currently they can control only one turret, that was also done on purpose in the code.

I need to know why it's been done like that before breaking everything.

Rgr that. Ideally I reckon the CIWS part should be an AI card & you enable anti-missile switchover on request on the LWC ( which would require seperate AI if you have different CIWS weapons, so it's not a one-block solution ) but I guess there are reasons.

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 12/01/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - sea -> post processing -> eyestrain.