Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
V2.1 [dev test and development only]
Today, 12:41 PM
RE: V2.1 [dev test and development only]
(Today 12:32 PM)Elite Leon Wrote:  
(Today 09:31 AM)ciaranhappy Wrote:  
(Today 09:02 AM)Elite Leon Wrote:  Someone please help me. From the Depths hasn't updated and even though the reason might be that I live in Kenya, I want machine guns on my tank turrets, dammit. Please...Undecided

why would living in Kenya be problematic to updates?
Is the internet really slow there or something?
Im genuinely curious!
Yes. Internet ping in general is at best about 200 ping. This is not the first time it's happening: I recall the CRAM cannon update coming a week late. After verification it's still in 2.03. Only in Kenya... *facepalm*
I see, but this update is in the devtest branch, it is unstable and thus, not avalable in the stable build, so the normal current version of the game.
On steam if you click properties for FTD there should be a betas section, it should be in there.

Oh jeez
-
The Age of Sail is upon us...
Alpha 0.2.1 coming December 25th!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Today, 12:56 PM
(Today 09:43 AM)Gladyon Wrote:  ...

Thank you for your reply!

Understud that this is no easy task.

Actualy FTD seems to open tonns of building/configuring possibilities and some sort of balance but there is no environement to use them.

Not as far as strategic AI(that would be awesome), but maybe some decent challenges/game modes (as chicken in zero-k)?
In depths tower defence with resources? Some love to adventure mod (multiplayer adventure mod could rock)
Some sort of advanced obelisk assault with resources/else?

No environement and no interface, you have to switch between 2-4 various screens and teleport between units to get a good overview of a battle involving several units (in my case always)..... maybe some sort of control terminal/command post could bring this "strategic screen" instead of a key? Or a key you setup while building your command post?
The key point, imho, is that tonns of gameplay is not usable because it's barely possible to put together due to interface.

Another, more simple exemple, is remote cameras with stabilization allow you to "secure the avatar" but cripple everything else (bad turret controls, no hud/unit stats)

Find all posts by this user
Today, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: Today 06:35 PM by CubeMaster_1.)
(Today 12:32 PM)Karnivool Wrote:  any chance of getting a turret block 1 axis that can only move up and down?

I second this so much!

Once in a while I decide to do something stupid and try to perfect it. That is how some of my strongest designs were created.
Today, 07:50 PM
@Gladyon
Here is a example of CIWS controller not giving player control when aiming at missile's, I don't know if this is still there in devtest
[Image: Twl5Rgy.jpg]

Also, could you add a Copy paste button to both LWC's?

There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.