Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[OW] - Greenfield
2017-11-15, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-11-15 03:15 PM by FourGreenFields.)
[OW] - Greenfield
OW easy design, uploaded due to request for a new broadsider, 8-10k blocks big, armed with simple large cannons, and built for looks.

Some pics:
[Image: 7S88pd2.jpg]
[Image: fLk7WQe.jpg]
[Image: F5WOW9T.jpg]
[Image: TgoWM2y.jpg]
[Image: nsDbG76.jpg]

Features:
  • Armed with 135 large cannons on each side. 3 rows below the deck, one row on the deck, and some more mounted above that, beside the lifeboats.
  • Additionally 2 chasers front on one-axis turrets (limited elevation), 2 chasers rear. All 4 large cannons.
  • 2 ammo caches, sides of them armoured with metal and wood. Hits from 12, or 6 o'clock are likely to reach them easily though.
  • AI is armoured with metal, named "Captain Thompson".
  • Hull made mostly of wood, but some of the lower hull is metal.
  • Top speed on just the two props is just short of 10m/s. Highest speed I've seen with wind is about 25m/s, but that kind of wind is rare, and doesn't usually last long. Expect about 10-15m/s in combat.
  • Active roll stability, but that's not required to float upright.

Idea for the lore is that it was a monster-hunting ship, refitted after the OW declared independance to protect convoys until more dedicated warships could be built.

Was originally named "The Diamond", until majyst decided it didn't fit the OW-names and called it Greenfield.
Hence the white "diamonds", the idea for the lore, and the name for the AI ("The bonny ship The Diamond" is a song about a whaling ship, and it mentions Captain Thompson as captain).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-15, 05:48 PM
RE: [OW] - Greenfield
I spawned in the Greenfield in designer to look at it since its a new design and I like the name, and I had huge lag, to the point of 1-5 FPS as long as it was in play, with lowered FPS after despawning it. My computer isn't good, but it can handle decent sized 50k battles in the campaign, so I don't know what's causing it, perhaps the sails or having too many weapons or details?

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.
2017-11-15, 07:24 PM
(2017-11-15 05:48 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  I spawned in the Greenfield in designer to look at it since its a new design and I like the name, and I had huge lag, to the point of 1-5 FPS as long as it was in play, with lowered FPS after despawning it. My computer isn't good, but it can handle decent sized 50k battles in the campaign, so I don't know what's causing it, perhaps the sails or having too many weapons or details?

Probably the large amount of simple weapons, even about 20 give me a major FPS hit.

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside
2017-11-15, 07:50 PM
Maybe that they can traverse, since I made and played with a laser-eyed, laser-mouthed, and top-hat wearing.

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.