Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Time for a new Tournament?
2017-11-15, 07:19 PM
RE: Time for a new Tournament?
(2017-11-15 07:13 PM)Kreuzheber Wrote:  
(2017-11-15 06:46 PM)WallacEngineering Wrote:  The idea is single player entries, but each player must create multiple designs.

That is exactly what he did last time. Its kinda the same what he described in the opening post with option one. But teams were allowed. We had severel entries by teams of 2.

The problem with motherships is the size of the tournament and the amount of vehicles that are involved. Subvehicle spawners on motherships on spawn sticks can cause trouble and mess up the whole fleet if smth unpredictable happens. I had an airborne division last time and 6 tanks that were supposed to be carried into battle by transport drones. It didnt work at all.

Ah, so I am too late for that tourney, well he could always run it again, seems like the most fun idea for a tournament that I have seen. This time around though I would use Menti's more advanced points system to determine disqualifications.

As for motherships, why not just use them without spawn sticks? Why not just use the sub-vehicle spawners to hold designs until they are 100% complete and then just let them go, the same way you see them built in the campaign by faction motherships?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-15, 07:43 PM
You can never go wrong with tanks, also a team based battle would be awesome.
2017-11-16, 12:40 AM
(2017-11-15 07:43 PM)Mr. Ethnic Cleansing Wrote:  You can never go wrong with tanks, also a team based battle would be awesome.

dat username tho... Confused

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside
Yesterday, 08:35 AM
So I feel as if this thread suddenly died off, so I made a new thread with tournament ideas here: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=31620
Yesterday, 11:35 AM
Well, I think I was really clear that at this point I was just taking input, and that no-one should be holding their breath. I was going to set up a poll to see if there's enough interest and in what exactly at some point soon. However, the relatively limited response hasn't filled me with confidence that I'd get enough entries.
Today, 05:24 PM
A suggestion for the space ship battle:
Instead of adding a spawnstick, make the entries spawn at normal height. They will then have to reach space on their own before being disqualified.
This only really works if spawnsticks themselfs are not allowed. If you want to allow fighters, there need to be restrictions to prevent the mothership from being a glorified spawnstick.
This would lead to some more unique battles where disabeling the enemies engine before it can reach space can win you the match.