Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What has your favourite from the depths version been?
2017-11-16, 04:11 PM
RE: What has your favourite from the depths version been?
(2017-11-16 03:19 PM)Richard Dastardly Wrote:  CC couldn't hit a Lamb thing Tongue I wouldn't mind playing with them again because I didn't get into the game much back then, but they were pretty bad.

I think the version in a couple of versions time will be quite good. 2.0's performance boost was well worth it, it's just a pity half the balancing didn't make it in so we're left with this defence heavy version.

They are very strong, cheap, small, high ROF and damage, easy tetris, non-explosive. I loved the old CCs,!

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-16, 10:27 PM
I loved the time when most blocks were still ugly and simple weapons were awful. All around pre-2.0 era as i feel like things have gotten unneccesarilly bulky now. A small alloy craft can tank damage, especially from missiles. They are a joke now, good luck making a 5 block missile that deals acceptable damage nowadays. I wish there was an option in the game configuration menu to change the values to like pre-2.0 presets or something.
Also small weapons are really useless now, atleast in my hands :/
Thats it really.

Please check out my creations. I need tips.
Mediocre builder.
2017-11-17, 02:02 AM
(2017-11-16 04:11 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  They are very strong, cheap, small, high ROF and damage, easy tetris, non-explosive. I loved the old CCs,!

They had to be high ROF, most of the shells didn't go anywhere near what you're shooting! I'd debate the "small" as well.

My APS stuff is mostly easy tetris, non-explosive at least; clipless turrets are not cheap though.

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Heavy & light tanks 18/11/17. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - sea -> post processing -> eyestrain.
2017-11-17, 05:35 AM
The current version with the shield changes we were told about a year ago, and drabas missile mod.

Custom cannons were terrible and boring lol. Also you would immediately hit the projectile limit and thus Noone could hurt anyone.

I did like APS before complexity though. Absolutely absurd rof.
2017-11-18, 04:23 AM
It's 1.88. New engines, old CCs, good-balanced APS, and somewhat OP explosions. I still have copy of that one and enjoying it a lot.

"Stay alive, stay active, and get as much practice as you can." - Francis Albert Sinatra