Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
Development image thread
2018-02-27, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-02-27 09:19 PM by The Mice Empire.)
RE: Development image thread
(2018-02-17 12:27 AM)Nick Smart Wrote:  who can be changed to look like anything from textbook humans to elves, dwarfs, zombies, deamons, of all shapes and sizes.

even....mice?

[Image: 5f0379f4772b6d21b652eac2749a901a.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-02-28, 08:24 PM
Any News on when this will be released? If its one tenth as good as ftd I'm definitely buying Smile
2018-02-28, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-02-28 08:44 PM by Soar.)
Initial release is scheduled for the 27th of March. This release is expected to be available for all FTD owners through a beta branch of FTD on Steam. At some later point once it's further along in development, FS will be sold separately.

Steam username: Soar | Discord username: Cranky corvids
2018-03-21, 11:19 PM
Yasss

"Hans, do you hear that dinging sound?"

The best offense is a good defense and a hail of HESH rounds.
2018-03-27, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-03-27 01:11 AM by Hawkins65.)
(2018-02-27 04:36 AM)Chrozayis Wrote:  This popped up on the Discord, I felt I should share it

[Image: 25cdjz.jpg]

xD, I remember making that! lol

Anyways, I hope all is going well with you Nick. I know setting deadlines one things that are more of a personal project is hard. I mean, I decided to oversee a WW1 themed comp for my discord group and I couldn't even finish my own submission, AND I EVEN HAD THE HULL DONE BEFORE HAND. anyways, the moral of the story is don't push yourself to work on things when you just don't want to do it. rather to your heart into it when you want to. *insert FTD community beating me to death with table legs*, I'm sure you already new that though. Anyways, thanks for all the work you've done so far on FS and also thanks so much for FtD, Years ago I played Banjo Kazooie nuts and bolts and dreamed of a game where I could build vehicles larger than 16x16m. Well what do you know, now I'm making a full Scale USS Voyager replica 344m in length. I'm sure you know both games have a ton of potential, so I ask you don't be afraid to consider getting a few more hands on deck to assist in development. Thanks!
2018-04-16, 03:53 PM
Will the water and hydrodynamics be more realistic in that we could, for example, make a boat with a planing hull and see proper results or will it be more like in FTD where the amount in the water and the angle of the blocks you use in what way affects the speed.
put simply, is hull speed and hydrodynamics gonna be a thing?
2018-04-16, 04:33 PM
Welcome to the Forums!
As far as I understand, basically everything will be more realistic.

in FtD, the way you shape your hull does already make a difference, if you make you vehicle a wide flat face it will move very slow from a single prop, whereas if you make the same weight ships narrow and sloped it will go much faster with a single prop

There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
2018-04-17, 01:03 AM
(2018-04-16 04:33 PM)Skyer Wrote:  Welcome to the Forums!
As far as I understand, basically everything will be more realistic.

in FtD, the way you shape your hull does already make a difference, if you make you vehicle a wide flat face it will move very slow from a single prop, whereas if you make the same weight ships narrow and sloped it will go much faster with a single prop

Yes i know and i did mention that (the angle of blocks) i guess i just didn't word myself properly.
2018-04-17, 01:18 AM
(2018-04-17 01:03 AM)CloudedMinds Wrote:  Yes i know and i did mention that (the angle of blocks) i guess i just didn't word myself properly.

Air density and water density, in FtD main planet 'Neter'. the density is 10 times higher than Earth.

so that maybe why you think there are no hull speed and hydrodynamics. Because high density = high drag = low speed.
2018-04-17, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 2018-04-17 08:57 AM by Soar.)
Yeah, that part's already in FTD, but planing is not (the propensity for watercraft to leap out of the water is related to the nutso physics constants instead). We don't know specifics on how aero-/hydrodynamic lift is going to be handled in FS (aside from the physics constants being set to realistic values, unlike FTD) - but if, for example, FTD-style wing blocks were replaced with an equivalent that uses the new plating/wall system (which I think would make a lot of sense, unless they're going to be based on the new control surface system instead), that might facilitate the creation of planing hulls.

Steam username: Soar | Discord username: Cranky corvids