Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DWG Capital ship?
2017-09-28, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-28 08:05 AM by That Guy.)
Question DWG Capital ship?
I was considering creating a DWG capital ship/connected flotilla (for anime nerds it will be similar to Suisei no Gargantia)
I thought maybe some modified Marauders, a central tower ship connected by struts with some floating houses on the outskirts and some other ships (maybe aircraft)

when/if i make this i will add pictures

(2017-10-09 09:22 PM)Captain_Fox Wrote:  Go take a shield generator, slap that on your ship and turn the bugger up to max.

KV-2: Derp Lord of the universe
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-28, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-28 03:15 PM by Kohl Armata.)
RE: DWG Capital ship?
DWG already have Capital ships:
Crossbones
Plunderer

Edit: After the reading OP again, I realized you were talking about a city ship type thing
Sadly that's not going to be accepted because it most likely be too big

[Image: Screenshot_2017-03-12_12.08.10.png]

Recovering from depression
2017-09-28, 02:12 PM
Kohl is right. I can't imagine that this proposed design would manage to stay under 15k blocks. Even if it did, it would be too awkward to maneuver if it ever spawned near land. Another point is that we really don't want to keep adding things to DWG, as extra blueprints inflate the file size of the game which makes loading take longer. Majyst has been trying to maintain a trade system where suitably outdated designs can be scrapped to make way for newer ones, and the scale of the design you're proposing would exceed the Crossbones which was just added.

A floating city ship is not in the cards for DWG I must say. However, I did like Suisei no Gargantia and think a ship like the Gargantia would be really cool. We won't be capable of integrating the design, but don't let that keep you from building something awesome.
2017-09-28, 03:59 PM
(2017-09-28 02:12 PM)Vorpalim Wrote:  Another point is that we really don't want to keep adding things to DWG, as extra blueprints inflate the file size of the game which makes loading take longer.
Would a free DLC that adds more ships (or possibly one DLC per faction) be possible? I suspect that it's too much work (even if mostly community-organised), but I would certainly like to see more designs.
2017-09-28, 06:16 PM
(2017-09-28 03:59 PM)FourGreenFields Wrote:  
(2017-09-28 02:12 PM)Vorpalim Wrote:  Another point is that we really don't want to keep adding things to DWG, as extra blueprints inflate the file size of the game which makes loading take longer.
Would a free DLC that adds more ships (or possibly one DLC per faction) be possible? I suspect that it's too much work (even if mostly community-organised), but I would certainly like to see more designs.

That's what custom campaign are for. Players are free to create and endulge in community created campaign with the theme they like, even expanding on Neter factions.

Neter factions have a size limit and expansion are not to be considered. The reason is simple: too many ships to maintain for a limited crew of - dedicated - community contributors in the form of the kotl crew.

The general rule is the size of faction roster is limited to a list of slots per force point value and difficulty, with admittedly some exceptions in the case of truly well made designs that get in purely on aesthetic value. This is to prevent bloating the campaign with redundant designs and facilitated the work of those who create and maintain the campaign. "DLC" and "Expansion" are just covert word for extra content that would still need to be maintained by the dev team and ktol crew.

With that said, if you want to expand on the Neter factions for yourself, by all means; I recomand you enter in contact with PathostheCosmonaut on Discord; he is currently pursuing such a project for an expanded DWG faction.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-09-28, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-28 08:52 PM by mrvecz.)
Karbengo is right, factions cannot go infinite with their arsenal. And theres a problem with accepting over the block limit units, it opens the gate for more, and just because the game is more optimized, it doesnt mean the campaign should drag it back with obscene designs.

Not even reasonable (And i mean custom campaigns that actually have chance to be ever finished) Custom Campaigns doesn't have infinite unit pool or massive units either. And CC face the problem with manpower, Neter has atleast few people who do stuff, most of the time, you have almost noone or maybe 2 people for maintenance
If you had like 200-300 designs, then you will quickly realize that Nick will destroy your enjoyment of FTD with updating the game furthermore.

[Image: vP4vDHc.png]

Check out my Zrytix, Land RTS
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user