Tortuga+early game=total DWG domination
2017-10-26, 05:50 PM
RE: Tortuga+early game=total DWG domination
New players could just spam missiles at it and it will die
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-27, 01:42 PM
If you have a hover or building at ~20m altitude, the bombers won't attack it. Then you just have to deal with the mothership and the bombers afterward.

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.
2017-10-27, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-01-08 11:56 PM by Vorpalim.)
It's an expert design and can therefor spawn on normal. Not everyone knows how to prepare for a large ship like the Tortuga on a budget. Preventing the ship from spawning until a set time is the simplest solution to balance concerns here.
2018-01-07, 11:23 PM
Well thanks to Majyst it has been fixed. In the campaign where we fought the Tortuga we only took a few DWG tiles, we were on expert, but I have no idea how we found it, since it was 40 fp, and I remember never attacking a 40+ tile. Since then I have embraced LAMS as my greatest ally, and the Tortuga is no longer a threat, although at the time my friend and I only had about 10k resource, 2 ships, and both were starters.

PS Flying squirrel needs a buff, if my 300mm advanced cannons from my USS California v2 can shoot it down, with the ships own detection system, then it desperately needs to be way more rocky and hard to hit, it just is the most underwhelming godly in history.

Proud creator of the USS California line and XJ series of air vehicles! Check them out on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561...shopfiles/

350+ hours in the game and I cant make a PID system. Thats good right?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-01-08, 07:53 PM
Oh how the mighty have fallen, RIP flying squirrel

When in doubt shut up keep calm and use more daka.Tongue
(2017-12-07 11:38 AM)-ACHTUNG- Wrote:  Afterwards I concluded that those Campaign designs spend too much of their material cost in Aesthetics instead of actual combat ability...
2018-01-08, 11:58 PM
(2018-01-07 11:23 PM)Prosparkour Wrote:  PS Flying squirrel needs a buff, if my 300mm advanced cannons from my USS California v2 can shoot it down, with the ships own detection system, then it desperately needs to be way more rocky and hard to hit, it just is the most underwhelming godly in history.

I made an attempt at making it more squirrelly, but it didn't work out too well. The subject came up again and Hikari took on the challenge, though I'm not sure about how it came out.
2018-01-10, 12:28 AM
(2018-01-08 11:58 PM)Vorpalim Wrote:  
(2018-01-07 11:23 PM)Prosparkour Wrote:  PS Flying squirrel needs a buff, if my 300mm advanced cannons from my USS California v2 can shoot it down, with the ships own detection system, then it desperately needs to be way more rocky and hard to hit, it just is the most underwhelming godly in history.

I made an attempt at making it more squirrelly, but it didn't work out too well. The subject came up again and Hikari took on the challenge, though I'm not sure about how it came out.

I hope that it is restored to its former glory, and that is is harder than it was to hit in 2015. It just is too stable, and is hit way too many times. Pilots of the flying squirrels are aces, and the squirrel should act like that is true.

Proud creator of the USS California line and XJ series of air vehicles! Check them out on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561...shopfiles/

350+ hours in the game and I cant make a PID system. Thats good right?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user