Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
Assault the Bunker! - 100k - Time Trial [Finished]
2017-10-04, 07:38 AM
RE: Assault the Bunker! - 100k - Time Trial [Submissions due Sept 11th]
(2017-10-03 10:49 PM)AdNecrias Wrote:  
(2017-10-03 10:35 PM)Kaonicping Wrote:  I think you're the 3rd person to independently come up with the In-F/HE idea. Sadly it's nothing compared to the much-loved In-F/HEAT of olden times (#neverforget) but for ludicrous cannons able to pump out massive telephone poles many times faster than a machine gun, it has proved to be the best for just muscling past shielded enemies.

Is Inertial HE/Frag that uncommon? I thought it was just the go-to HE shell after you get more than a couple warheads. HE has diminishing returns, Frag doesn't and at 180 performs a similar function as HE. So as HE provides a lesser return you add in frags.

Getting off-topic here, but... where is the point where the diminishing returns set in? And I reckon the same goes for CRAM?

Everything that ever started to exist, has a cause.

(There is) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
-Ecclesiastes 3:3
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-04, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-04 09:43 AM by Kaonicping.)
RE: Assault the Bunker! - 100k - Time Trial [Submissions due Sept 11th]
(2017-10-04 07:38 AM)NutterChap Wrote:  
(2017-10-03 10:49 PM)AdNecrias Wrote:  
(2017-10-03 10:35 PM)Kaonicping Wrote:  I think you're the 3rd person to independently come up with the In-F/HE idea. Sadly it's nothing compared to the much-loved In-F/HEAT of olden times (#neverforget) but for ludicrous cannons able to pump out massive telephone poles many times faster than a machine gun, it has proved to be the best for just muscling past shielded enemies.

Is Inertial HE/Frag that uncommon? I thought it was just the go-to HE shell after you get more than a couple warheads. HE has diminishing returns, Frag doesn't and at 180 performs a similar function as HE. So as HE provides a lesser return you add in frags.

Getting off-topic here, but... where is the point where the diminishing returns set in? And I reckon the same goes for CRAM?

Diminishing returns are there from the second warhead as damage is proportional to (number of warheads)^0.65. The number of fragments on the other hand is simply the number per warhead times the number of warheads.

Apparently the 'number of pellets' for CRAMs is directly proportional to the explosive damage, but iirc the pack rate suffers from diminishing returns too.

@AdNecrias
I had never heard of it before I tried it out so I assumed it was not widely used.

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside
2017-10-07, 07:58 PM
RE: Assault the Bunker! - 100k - Time Trial [Finished]
Here are the final scores:
[Image: LZnEVWf.png]

Watch my videos!
2017-10-07, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-07 08:13 PM by Cythphn.)
RE: Assault the Bunker! - 100k - Time Trial [Finished]
Congratulations to SlimPickens on a ram job well-done! Very impressive times for Anickle and Hypersycos as well, again, very nicely done.