Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
Assault the Bunker! - 100k - Time Trial [Submissions due Sept 11th]
Today, 08:41 AM
RE: Assault the Bunker! - 100k - Time Trial [Submissions due Sept 11th]
Everyone's doing better than me and it makes me sad. ;-;

"If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid."-TheMightyJingles.

My last name is Proctor
The Proctor is a ship in the game
Yay. I'm happy.

Blueprint thread: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=28006
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Today, 10:41 AM
(Today 08:41 AM)benzo711 Wrote:  Everyone's doing better than me and it makes me sad. ;-;
Don't worry too much! My first tournament BB got beaten badly. And my best looking BB simply got murdered. But with a bit more experience I managed to build some decent designs.
Ask the ConeezeanEmperor about his Black Sun Shootout entry for example. Since then he's one of the top builders here.
I'm sure most of us had failed designs in the past so we know how you feel. You win some, you lose some. *shrug* Just learn from your mistakes (and shamelessly steal the ideas of others). Big Grin
Today, 12:09 PM
(2017-08-25 11:13 PM)benzo711 Wrote:  
(2017-08-25 11:06 PM)T3hJimmer Wrote:  The rules aren't final. Submissions aren't due for weeks. We just found out the winning bunker today, and the blueprint hasn't yet been made available. How can your entry possibly be ready?

I'm bad at aesthetics (as evidenced by my bunker submission in that tournament) so I finish things very quick. (Unless it's a 27000 volume tank (Or that massive ship which I'm not going to finish until I get a better computer) which, I did build.)

(Today 08:41 AM)benzo711 Wrote:  Everyone's doing better than me and it makes me sad. ;-;

How to improve in the future:
1. Combat test
2. Make adjustments
3. Repeat

For this tournament you had the BP of your opponent available. In the future you'll have to ask for blueprints either here or in discord. I almost always make a prototype of my entry available, and several other people make blueprints of thier entries available.

Watch my videos!
Today, 12:19 PM
(Today 10:41 AM)Tomson Wrote:  
Don't worry too much! My first tournament BB got beaten badly. And my best looking BB simply got murdered. But with a bit more experience I managed to build some decent designs.
Ask the ConeezeanEmperor about his Black Sun Shootout entry for example. Since then he's one of the top builders here.
I'm sure most of us had failed designs in the past so we know how you feel. You win some, you lose some. *shrug* Just learn from your mistakes (and shamelessly steal the ideas of others). Big Grin

QFT

I've been playing the tournament game for years, and my entries still get knocked out first round half of the time.

Watch my videos!
Today, 12:22 PM
(Today 12:09 PM)T3hJimmer Wrote:  
(2017-08-25 11:13 PM)benzo711 Wrote:  
(2017-08-25 11:06 PM)T3hJimmer Wrote:  The rules aren't final. Submissions aren't due for weeks. We just found out the winning bunker today, and the blueprint hasn't yet been made available. How can your entry possibly be ready?

I'm bad at aesthetics (as evidenced by my bunker submission in that tournament) so I finish things very quick. (Unless it's a 27000 volume tank (Or that massive ship which I'm not going to finish until I get a better computer) which, I did build.)

How to improve in the future:
1. Combat test
2. Make adjustments
3. Repeat

For this tournament you had the BP of your opponent available. In the future you'll have to ask for blueprints either here or in discord. I almost always make a prototype of my entry available, and several other people make blueprints of thier entries available.

1. I can't use the discord because I was banned.
2. I did use the Lutetium blueprint for testing but couldn't make anything remotely effective without it being a glass cannon that would die in 1 hit.
3. I tested 3 blueprints against the Lutetium and made loads of adjustments, but again, none of them were effective without being glass cannons.

"If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid."-TheMightyJingles.

My last name is Proctor
The Proctor is a ship in the game
Yay. I'm happy.

Blueprint thread: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=28006
Today, 12:58 PM
I kinda expected, that it would broadside right from the start, but the land ai seemed to had something different in mind... Any way, the Wüstengleiter posses 28 1000mm-CRAM-cannons each having a mixture of frags, HE and a bit AP. 4 AIs, two of them are there to steer it and they alternate doing so. One should do a 45°-broadside from a great range while the other one will do a 135°-broadside in order to gain distance. The plan was to get to one of the sides of the Lutetium and then behind, where most of the weapons wouldn´t be able to aim.

I usually test my stuff without automatic detection, so that is why it has those rangefinders in the towerbridge.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Wüstengleiter by Qwert26.blueprint (Size: 267.99 KB / Downloads: 0)

Neter: The only known Planet where you can sail an airplane in space.