Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
[2.0+][Suggestion]Timed fuses for missiles
2017-11-14, 03:24 PM
RE: [2.0+][Suggestion]Timed fuses for missiles
(2017-11-14 02:35 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  The reason I am against it is that I believe it is next to worthless and not worth the time the devs would spend working on it. I only got into this argument after you pointlessly argued with draba and got nowhere. There are enough missile components already and we don't need more. Using LUA, better guidance, and other things can fix the problem you are having. Missiles already despawn after a certain time so using a module for that would just be a waste. Many missiles dive into the water just before hitting a target and either hit the ship after 10-20 seconds or the ship runs into them, or they eventually explode after getting closer. Also would take a module and be nerf.

And you said that you aren't trying to insult and trash talk me? I have a lot of experience with this game and a high IQ, and find that rather annoying and insulting.

Again your argument is highly illogical. If you don't want to use them no one if forcing you too. Just simply don't use them. Adding them won't change anything for you. Just let the ones that want to use them, use them.
Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-14, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-11-14 04:05 PM by MizarLuke.)
What I am saying is that the devs do not need to waste their time with this. I was going to leave it until I noticed you gave me a negative rep after I did it to you for carrying on this argument. I was going to leave it until I noticed that. Leave this argument and remove the down rep and I will do the same. Until that point, I will continue to defend my point: inertial and other fuses for missiles are next to pointless and would not be worth the time it would take devs to implement them. You are the only person concerned with this and if you care enough, then make a mod for it! You should also not down rep someone because they did the same to you, unless they have no reason whatsoever, and you have others supporting your point and in agreement with you. Generally, there are people who will up rep you if they believe others are unjustified. We can solve this like gentlemen and stop fighting and leave this thread and argument.

I am willing to forget this if you will as well.

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.
2017-11-14, 04:56 PM
(2017-11-14 04:02 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  What I am saying is that the devs do not need to waste their time with this. I was going to leave it until I noticed you gave me a negative rep after I did it to you for carrying on this argument. I was going to leave it until I noticed that. Leave this argument and remove the down rep and I will do the same. Until that point, I will continue to defend my point: inertial and other fuses for missiles are next to pointless and would not be worth the time it would take devs to implement them. You are the only person concerned with this and if you care enough, then make a mod for it! You should also not down rep someone because they did the same to you, unless they have no reason whatsoever, and you have others supporting your point and in agreement with you. Generally, there are people who will up rep you if they believe others are unjustified. We can solve this like gentlemen and stop fighting and leave this thread and argument.

I am willing to forget this if you will as well.

It wouldn't take very long to add in 2/3 small parts like fuses. And I'm not the only one that would want these parts. The original poster wanted an option for Air Burst Missiles and reduced lag. An Inertial and Altitude fuse would give him those options. I also remember seeing a post a long time ago where someone was asking if there was a way to make missiles or bombs blow up on contact with the ground. By now it would be a very old post and hard to find. But there are others beside me that would like to have those options. For those that don't, no one is forcing them to use them.

By the way I am not a gentlemen, I am a lady. And I will remove the negative rep from your profile if you remove the one from mine.
2017-11-14, 05:40 PM
(2017-11-14 04:56 PM)SovereignVis Wrote:  ...

It's easy to see how pointless it is: make a mod and see how many people want to nerf their own missiles with inertial fuses.
In practice EMP/thump are useless without a direct hit, frag virtually useless and explosions are unlikely to be close enough.
To enable that behavior you give up magnets and short shots bouncing/sliding below the target(tournaments show that actually matters).
There are a ton of things that can be improved instead this waste of time.
2017-11-14, 07:55 PM
(2017-11-14 04:56 PM)SovereignVis Wrote:  By the way I am not a gentlemen, I am a lady. And I will remove the negative rep from your profile if you remove the one from mine.

I meant it as nothing more than an expression.

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.
2017-11-14, 08:11 PM
(2017-11-14 07:55 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  
(2017-11-14 04:56 PM)SovereignVis Wrote:  By the way I am not a gentlemen, I am a lady. And I will remove the negative rep from your profile if you remove the one from mine.

I meant it as nothing more than an expression.

That's understandable. Also it took me a while to find the edit profile option so you had no way of knowing by looking at my profile.