Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SD]XF4 Velocity
2017-05-20, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-07-07 01:41 AM by chp2001.)
[SD]XF4 Velocity
The XF4 Velocity, a interceptor (although too big for a interceptor at 4k volume) that has 2 100mm rapid-fire cannons, 8 cruiser missiles and 4 regular ones

It has a top speed of about 200m/s and has pretty decent turning abilities, although it is mostly focused on hit-and-run tactics like boomNzoom

Design has been updated with better command blocks
now we can strafe for longer

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.blueprint  XF4.blueprint (Size: 143.83 KB / Downloads: 22)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-05-23, 04:27 AM
RE: XF4 Velocity
I like it.
Overall I think it fills all the requirements ive requested. Its not too large, its 3k BLOCKs max, not Volume. At 2400 Blocks you are with in the limit.

There are a few issues, and those are only issues because its hard to know about all campaign design rules.

1. It needs a Chair and wheel somewhere in it, this is for me when testing and gathering stats.

2. Its turning radius is too large. I understand at these speeds that it is going to go further out of range that I typically allow so I will turn a blind eye to it, but I would appreciate it if you could find a way to make it stay slightly closer to the target.

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"If you claim that a change is destroying the game your exaggeration just make me ignore you" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds
2017-05-23, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-05-23 01:06 PM by Qihao56.)
(2017-05-23 04:27 AM)majyst Wrote:  I like it.
Overall I think it fills all the requirements ive requested. Its not too large, its 3k BLOCKs max, not Volume. At 2400 Blocks you are with in the limit.

There are a few issues, and those are only issues because its hard to know about all campaign design rules.

1. It needs a Chair and wheel somewhere in it, this is for me when testing and gathering stats.

2. Its turning radius is too large. I understand at these speeds that it is going to go further out of range that I typically allow so I will turn a blind eye to it, but I would appreciate it if you could find a way to make it stay slightly closer to the target.

Well i am going to intergrate a chair soon, and im working on a way to stop the thrust during sharp turns, as to be able to quickly turn and begin another attack gun

However, is there a way to make it go slower DURING the turn, as in using some way to reduce the speed, or even cutting the main jets during the manoeuver.

But right now, to compensate, I integrated a system that allows it to slow during during an attack run and run away when the guns cannot rain down hell on the target.

So it is, it's like a lightning strike, you can only see it when it hits, but then it dissappears.
2017-05-23, 04:50 PM
You could have 2 ACBs next to the jets that make it go at 30% or something when roll angle > 35

Uses the golden ratio.

[Image: n4pzmbo]

Fat_ninja - today at 1:40 PM
Would the perfect pair of boobs be 1.6 times the size of the body or vice versa?
2017-05-24, 12:16 AM
(2017-05-23 04:50 PM)spookywaggon Wrote:  You could have 2 ACBs next to the jets that make it go at 30% or something when roll angle > 35

I tried that, didn't work out.

The design has been updated with better asthetics by Vorpalim, I sharpened the wings too,also Majyst, I added the seat as requested (beware that you're sitting right above the ammunition)

Sorry If I couldn't make the turn sharper.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  XF4 Velocity.blueprint (Size: 147.09 KB / Downloads: 14)
2017-05-24, 12:51 PM
Alright, Thanks!
Ive saved this into the files and will go live with the next update (whenever that is)

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"If you claim that a change is destroying the game your exaggeration just make me ignore you" -Majyst

2017-05-27, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-05-29 10:21 PM by Qihao56.)
(2017-05-24 12:51 PM)majyst Wrote:  Alright, Thanks!
Ive saved this into the files and will go live with the next update (whenever that is)

Majyst, guess what?

I BLOODY UPDATED THE DESIGN, AGAIN!

now it has a forward strafing shield
and also has thrust vectoring and turning things

edit- Added a laser absorb shield and an engine upgrade!

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  XF4 Velocity.blueprint (Size: 150.08 KB / Downloads: 9)
2017-06-08, 09:40 AM
Hey Qihao, checked out the design. Everything works great and i will move it to expert.
However, something went wrong with the latest update and now it makes attack runs way to far out.
Most designs I expect to stay close enough that the 2 rings always touch, for this ill make a light exception, but its still too much.
If you cant fix that ill have to manually reduce the speed so it can make its turns better.

[Image: 2817d32c7c.jpg]

2017-06-12, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-06-17 01:15 AM by Qihao56.)
(2017-06-08 09:40 AM)majyst Wrote:  Hey Qihao, checked out the design. Everything works great and i will move it to expert.
However, something went wrong with the latest update and now it makes attack runs way to far out.
Most designs I expect to stay close enough that the 2 rings always touch, for this ill make a light exception, but its still too much.
If you cant fix that ill have to manually reduce the speed so it can make its turns better.

[Image: 2817d32c7c.jpg]

alright then, i'll fix it ASAP

edit New version of it, including a few minor tweaks and improvements

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Velocity.blueprint (Size: 151.07 KB / Downloads: 3)
2017-07-13, 02:22 PM
RE: [SD]XF4 Velocity
I'm not sure this craft fits the stylistic guidelines for the SD interceptor lineup, it lacks the distinctive double nose feature and is otherwise fairly non-detailed, with a large section of the craft being a flat red space with two black stripes.