Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Assorted GT and SD updates
2017-03-17, 01:56 AM
Assorted GT and SD updates
Went off on another round of tweaking designs to make sure they were working properly and found a few things I could improve on several designs that I had worked on before. Most of the tweaking was related to the detection systems, some of them had their snoopers valued way too highly. I set their averaging values down to 0.01 meaning that the snooper should only be providing relevant data once every other detection system was inoperable so as not to skew projections of accurate data. Gimbal systems and rangefinders have also been adjusted to the max values where they are most useful.

More significantly, I also took time to update GT's Perseus, which was a wondrous untouched mess of asymmetrically beamed armor, outdated shields, and unvented engines. I wasn't sure about keeping its railgun as it was, so I asked for some help making it useful and Hikari supplied me with a fine railgun turret which I have set to fire disruptor rounds. The shields have been entirely redone, and I left some yellow colored shield projectors which I intend to have replaced with dedicated energy shields when/if the split between shields types is realized, and there is a note behind the cabin outlining this intention.

Another unit that was changed to a significant degree was SD's Vindicator. I realized while adjusting its detection that the compaction buff to lasers meant that it had way too many pumps for its engine to handle, and it would fall out of the sky when feeding the pumps. I cut down the laser, added single input cavities, and then used the room provided to add more engines. There's a hollow portion in the nose now that can fit something in the future I guess, but otherwise it's done.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Bombardier.blueprint (Size: 165.39 KB / Downloads: 5)
.blueprint  Hummingbird.blueprint (Size: 88.98 KB / Downloads: 7)
.blueprint  Iron Juggernaut.blueprint (Size: 254.19 KB / Downloads: 6)
.blueprint  PeaceKeeper.blueprint (Size: 540.49 KB / Downloads: 9)
.blueprint  Perseus.blueprint (Size: 387.45 KB / Downloads: 5)
.blueprint  Songbird.blueprint (Size: 169.65 KB / Downloads: 7)
.blueprint  SRF.blueprint (Size: 67.02 KB / Downloads: 7)
.blueprint  Warbird.blueprint (Size: 283.37 KB / Downloads: 7)
.blueprint  Carnage.blueprint (Size: 116.66 KB / Downloads: 6)
.blueprint  Comet.blueprint (Size: 108.38 KB / Downloads: 6)
.blueprint  Nexus.blueprint (Size: 184.52 KB / Downloads: 5)
.blueprint  Scream.blueprint (Size: 164.3 KB / Downloads: 5)
.blueprint  Vindicator.blueprint (Size: 104.47 KB / Downloads: 5)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-03-17, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-03-18 01:15 AM by Vorpalim.)
RE: Assorted GT and SD updates
Seeing as how my Lamprey replacement (more of a rebuild of the hull to accommodate all of the parts it needed) still isn't in the game despite it having earned approval I decided to revisit it. My version had a steam engine, which I suppose may have been the reason it hasn't been implemented, so I have given it a nu-type injector engine in its place that provides enough power to keep things covered.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Lamprey.blueprint (Size: 129.31 KB / Downloads: 3)
2017-03-18, 03:44 AM
Continuing with my rabid propensity to update things to use the least number of blocks whilst still being visually and functionally identical and making sure all systems are running efficiently, I dipped into Rusted Ram territory a bit more. The Osprey and Valkyria were pretty much fine on all technical systems aside from detection being uncalibrated, so it was another block trimming affair along with coming up with fun names for the AI cores. While these two are standalone units that can spawn on their own, they are also used as drones by the Oddysey, so I had a quick look around it too after swapping out the existing drones for their newest versions.

Trying to think of what other vehicles I haven't gotten to, and the Hobgoblin is coming to mind. I have a version of it with a lot of work sunk in, but it's still not done.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Odyssey.blueprint (Size: 520.57 KB / Downloads: 3)
.blueprint  Osprey.blueprint (Size: 110.74 KB / Downloads: 3)
.blueprint  Valkyria.blueprint (Size: 114.14 KB / Downloads: 3)
2017-03-18, 10:24 AM
Acknowledged, ill pick them up next time in working.

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"If you claim that a change is destroying the game your exaggeration just make me ignore you" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds
2017-03-20, 07:13 AM
All taken, I checked the first half well and since it was all good the 2nd half i did very fast checks.
Couple minor changes.

One thing though, Once I got to "Songbird" I noticed an AI name of "DOS BOOTY". In the future, if you insist on giving AIs names, please make them a little less silly.

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"If you claim that a change is destroying the game your exaggeration just make me ignore you" -Majyst

2017-03-20, 01:38 PM
(2017-03-20 07:13 AM)majyst Wrote:  All taken, I checked the first half well and since it was all good the 2nd half i did very fast checks.
Couple minor changes.

One thing though, Once I got to "Songbird" I noticed an AI name of "DOS BOOTY". In the future, if you insist on giving AIs names, please make them a little less silly.

Sorry Majyst but that was there before I started changing it, I just left it as it was. I don't think that AI actually controls anything, so you can delete it if you really want to.
2017-03-20, 02:11 PM
(2017-03-20 01:38 PM)Vorpalim Wrote:  
(2017-03-20 07:13 AM)majyst Wrote:  All taken, I checked the first half well and since it was all good the 2nd half i did very fast checks.
Couple minor changes.

Sorry Majyst but that was there before I started changing it, I just left it as it was. I don't think that AI actually controls anything, so you can delete it if you really want to.

Ahh, sorry didnt mean to jump to the wrong conclusion. I thought you were the only person that ever gave Mainframes names. Guess someone on the GT Crew likes to do it too.
I didnt delete the mainframe, just removed the name

2017-03-20, 03:04 PM
It gave me a chuckle, and it was in the rear of the craft. Oh well to that.