2017-05-22, 10:27 AM
RE: Eagle's second Neter campaign
As in; upload the BP?

Procrastination level is over 9000
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-05-22, 02:29 PM
Yes. Actually even screenshots are quite rare.

Poke my boat! pre-2.0 learning & ship catalogue thread. I will be doing other things until the eye-strain post-processing can be disabled again.
2017-05-23, 10:34 AM
Well then, just for you, two battles with the Cruiser Groups, which have just arrived in TG territory.

This is at [48 HOURS] into the campaign.

The first battle against the Eastern settlement, which includes pretty much the only effective TG weapon; the railgunemplacement.

[Image: crj8pdq.jpg]

[Image: mlGmayy.jpg]

As that battle was over quite soon, the next engagement was on the other side of TG territory, against a Bertha, Annihilation, Phoenix and Cyclops.
Outcome: no different.

[Image: wjX7aoP.jpg]
While it does look impressive

[Image: KEl9678.jpg]
The end result is always the same.

In fact, there's barely a scratch to the ship...
[Image: J66pBMc.jpg]

[Image: sPk8GWn.jpg]

[Image: 7Rv6mYd.jpg]

[Image: INUzGos.jpg]
Only a scorchmark and a missing beam on the stern.

2017-06-09, 12:20 AM
I'm just going to say that having just gone in a direct line ( well, a Z shape ) for the LH base that I 100% agree about the Tachyon. Has to be the most annoying & boring unit to fight out of all of them - it prompted an upgrade of my AAA corvette but even with that I saw one spawn in with dread just because I knew I'd go to sleep...

Second has to be the Hydrovolt still, but after some interesting tweaks to torps and an ASW ship those suddenly weren't a problem.

Poke my boat! pre-2.0 learning & ship catalogue thread. I will be doing other things until the eye-strain post-processing can be disabled again.
2017-07-01, 03:04 PM
Well the Tachyon is, like all other orbiters, just a pain in the ass, not so much a challenge. It's rather poor game-complexity if the challenge in tackling a unit comes down to finding a way to bypass the game's poor weapon systems and aiming... Oh well.
I'll be updating this thread soon, I was on a holiday. Smile

2017-07-31, 10:48 AM
LOG ENTRY

After a short break from the campaign due to other activities, it is time to log the past activities and pick up where we left.

[49-51 HOURS]
The campaign continues. TG resistance is up to this point light at best. Mostly air divisions and large laser craft which fail to put a dent in the fleet.
[Image: x39Fm72.jpg]

[Image: Me7SGTK.jpg]

[Image: vS4jUo2.jpg]

[Image: D4eDZmi.jpg]

Much of the TG's failure lies in its vulnerability to missiles.
Although in part this may have to do with the sheer number of missiles...

[Image: b7z2vJY.jpg]

The old and sturdy Superiority class destroyer sees action, too. As she is focussed on taking out aircraft, she is a useful asset in these times.
[Image: mOffEcX.jpg]

Nevertheless, one of the shining new stars in the fleet is the Intrepid class frigate, which seems to performing better than the light cruiser Aegis, while lower in price than the Aegis.
Here she is seen firing her surface to surface missiles:
[Image: vAdjzNO.jpg]

Chopping through Twin Guard is turning out to be easy as hell, and after a mear 5 hours of fighting the bases come into view
[Image: 5OPi449.jpg]

Only a few pockets of resistance left before the main assault can commence. These forces are, again, swiftly dealt with.
[Image: 7ET4lgc.jpg]

[Image: BExTqJd.jpg]

2017-07-31, 11:12 AM
LOG ENTRY

[52 HOURS]
Assault on the main TG bases.

The assault on the two bases are done with fairly little forces, as the 50 m³ limit means that I can use only a few ships in combat. Nevertheless, the resistance posed by the main base is little, and she's only able to down a few H3's.

[Image: I5lECi1.jpg]

[Image: JJrWRhB.jpg]

As anticlimactic as the whole faction turned out to be, the bases fall fast as well. And so TG stands defeated. Out of the ashes, a new mining platform rises.
[Image: k0BC8xQ.jpg]

All active forces are retreated either to home base or near the former WF base, leaving in its wake some 230k in resources lying on the bottom of the ocean. To fetch them, one of the newest assets in the fleet is constructed, the Cargocat.
[Image: PxEu6in.jpg]

The Cargocat is a skimmer, based on the Spectre steath skimmer and is to be used to haul medium sized freights over large distances. She can carry 286k materials and 100k in fuel and has a top speed of 70 m/s, although she usually reaches 65 m/s when cruising.
To power her, ducted fans are used, powered by two highly efficient turbo engines which only burn 1,1 L of fuel per second. Her fuel economy is thus much better than any other freighter, even considering her more limited carrying capacity.
Anyway, the resources are found south of the islands in sector [2,14], meaning there's more than 150 km to cross. She'll also visit the mining platform in former TG territory to fetch the mined resources, as well as the Prospector and Surveyor mobile miners which are mining elsewhere. The round trip should take under an hour.

[Image: KyaUu23.jpg]

Fetched the resources and arrived at the TG mining platform
[Image: zHD979S.jpg]

Rendevous with the Prospector mining group
[Image: 7K8Ty03.jpg]

It's getting choppy
[Image: Ad18vgU.jpg]

Rendevous with the Surveyor, which is almost done mining in the Cauldron of Eriwick
[Image: WnEaHsX.jpg]

And home in under an hour
[Image: wPCAPeO.jpg]

2017-08-01, 09:29 AM
Have you got any info/experience on the hows of a multiplayer campaign?
I've set factions to Player or NPC, but when a player joins another faction, which isn't player1, they can't put units into play (just the wireframe bricks).

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-08-01, 11:48 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't have any experience in doing MP campaign..