Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Eagle's second Neter campaign
2017-03-24, 01:18 PM
RE: Eagle's second Neter campaign
Eagle, I presume your blueprint spawner is at the opposite end of the dock building to the door? I've been trying to build a floating dock as a construction vehicle but I can't find a good place for the spawner - you can't put them on subobjects unlike docking stations, and you can't rotate the spawnpoint unlike docking stations either. I guess instant spawn + dock might work.

Poke my boat! help me improve & learn from my mistakes. Update - multiple tweaks - 22/3/17
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-03-24, 02:12 PM
(2017-03-23 01:10 PM)Monklizard Wrote:  It looks nizzzeee ya have the Dockyard. On the other hand... I wish ya do some... some sort a video for this campaign progress. I know ya are not the... "artistic" style, like ppl usually do in the youtube. But hey, that's not true at all. Why not ya make a video for campaign progress. Like a Le Sir walkthrough.

I'm also planning to open thread for my.... "strange" Neter campaign walkthrough. But I need to think twice for posting my progress in this forum. Because one the reason is... my narrating very poor... plus sux in English as well.

Thanks Smile
I know vids are arguably better... But my playstyle is rather irratic, usually switching to reading or the forums whilst playing FtD... Vids just require too much time for me right now, although I might include them later. It'll help the immersion, as pics don't always seem to cut it Smile

(2017-03-24 01:18 PM)Richard Dastardly Wrote:  Eagle, I presume your blueprint spawner is at the opposite end of the dock building to the door? I've been trying to build a floating dock as a construction vehicle but I can't find a good place for the spawner - you can't put them on subobjects unlike docking stations, and you can't rotate the spawnpoint unlike docking stations either. I guess instant spawn + dock might work.

Yes, the spawner is a few m above sealevel, embedded at the rear end of the dock. Smile
What exactly are you having difficulty with? As in; what is the initial reason you wanted to put them on a spinblock?

Procrastination level is over 9000
2017-03-24, 02:31 PM
Editing video can be pretty draining, you have to really want to do it; especially if your playstyle isn't aware of being filmed, so to speak.

Pics say a lot:

[Image: 33622840335_2804c4fd32_c.jpg]

It's a floating dry dock ( it is properly semi-submersible ) because I don't like fortresses for much - however both ends are open & spawners only spawn from the rear, the yellow part on the gantry ( which is attached to a lifting bridge ) at the back is a docking station. I guess I'll just have to spawn & immediately dock the new vessel.

Poke my boat! help me improve & learn from my mistakes. Update - multiple tweaks - 22/3/17
2017-03-24, 02:35 PM
(2017-03-24 02:31 PM)Richard Dastardly Wrote:  Editing video can be pretty draining, you have to really want to do it; especially if your playstyle isn't aware of being filmed, so to speak.

Pics say a lot:

It's a floating dry dock ( it is properly semi-submersible ) because I don't like fortresses for much - however both ends are open & spawners only spawn from the rear, the yellow part on the gantry ( which is attached to a lifting bridge ) at the back is a docking station. I guess I'll just have to spawn & immediately dock the new vessel.
That thing looks bloody awesome. But I see your problem. I think your best bet is to indeed use the docking station...

What are the stats on that dock?

2017-03-24, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-03-24 02:44 PM by Richard Dastardly.)
(2017-03-24 02:35 PM)Eagle Wrote:  That thing looks bloody awesome. But I see your problem. I think your best bet is to indeed use the docking station...

What are the stats on that dock?

112/37/26m, 19k volume, 42k RP right now. I'm going to put a crane on each side ( one can hold the spawner I think ) and a bit of dockside furniture so it'll be vaguely more expensive, but it's already crazy costly for something made almost entirely of wood & lead. It'll move at about 7m/s.

[Image: 32780473404_ed3dd63535_z.jpg]

2017-03-24, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-03-24 02:48 PM by Eagle.)
I'll definitely be interested in adopting that thing; one of my (now abandoned) campaign goals was to transport damaged (conquered) ships back to base on a carrier ship/floating dock. How do you negate the bouyancy of wood so well and be able to carry that destroyer?

2017-03-24, 02:53 PM
(2017-03-24 02:31 PM)Richard Dastardly Wrote:  Editing video can be pretty draining, you have to really want to do it; especially if your playstyle isn't aware of being filmed, so to speak.

Pics say a lot:

I love your dockyard.

It's way better than my (old) Copper.
[Image: bYXUaz5.jpg]
Here for more pictures (including the one that explains why it's nickname is 'Sphynx'):
The Sphynx
2017-03-24, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-03-24 05:21 PM by Richard Dastardly.)
(2017-03-24 02:48 PM)Eagle Wrote:  I'll definitely be interested in adopting that thing; one of my (now abandoned) campaign goals was to transport damaged (conquered) ships back to base on a carrier ship/floating dock. How do you negate the bouyancy of wood so well and be able to carry that destroyer?

I have thought of doing a proper recovery ship - I may still do something like that given you can also spawn stuff from the superstructure then. I negated the bouyancy by making almost the entire underside lead; there's a considerable amount of air space inside so air pumps do most of the work lifting it back. It won't keep the deck out of the water with a ship ( well, a T-class anyway ) resting on it, but it's not far off - if you dock a ship with the docking thing then it's effectively massless, so it just looks like it's lifting the ship. It's just about awash with a little combat ship undocked but the pumps working.

[Image: 33496205751_9e66702df7_z.jpg]

I suspect I'm going to end up with an array of docking stations just to handle different height ships. Also I suspect I should have made it wider...

Anyway you can have it in it's current unfinished state if you like, just so you don't have to pull too much off.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  RD Floating dry dock.blueprint (Size: 254.93 KB / Downloads: 1)