Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[V1.967] [all branches]
2017-03-20, 01:14 PM
RE: [V1.967] [all branches]
I have build a fast long range airship and i get very little salvage because i need to keep my speed and range.
This means i keep hunting nodes to get enough resources.
For me they are close to my only income, but thats because of the play style i have chosen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-03-22, 01:17 AM
(2017-03-20 01:14 PM)TLD Wrote:  I have build a fast long range airship and i get very little salvage because i need to keep my speed and range.
For me they are close to my only income, but thats because of the play style i have chosen.

As far as I can tell you get 'salvage' already when you damage enemy (I see the resource number go steadily up when hitting the enemy), and what's left when the ship is destroyed should stay behind - so even fighting long range you should be able to collect the salvage dumps afterwards (I was fighting from 5500m range for a long time, and picked up the salvage after the fight).

If after the combat I see two 1k nodes and one 10k salvage dump, I'd go collect the dump instead of the nodes. Well, if you opt to not go after the salvage dumps, that's a choice as you say, but I think you'll still get resources from combat itself.

Workshop: Voidware, INARI and more.
2017-03-22, 04:22 PM
(2017-03-22 01:17 AM)Kiriko Wrote:  
(2017-03-20 01:14 PM)TLD Wrote:  I have build a fast long range airship and i get very little salvage because i need to keep my speed and range.

As far as I can tell you get 'salvage' already when you damage enemy (I see the resource number go steadily up when hitting the enemy), and what's left when the ship is destroyed should stay behind - so even fighting long range you should be able to collect the salvage dumps afterwards (I was fighting from 5500m range for a long time, and picked up the salvage after the fight).

If after the combat I see two 1k nodes and one 10k salvage dump, I'd go collect the dump instead of the nodes. Well, if you opt to not go after the salvage dumps, that's a choice as you say, but I think you'll still get resources from combat itself.

I am not completely sure, but i only seam to get salvage when the small green things reach my airship.
I know it is a fault in my design, that i need to keep the speed ud to avoid getting shot down and it may end in me having to start over or rebuild the craft completely.
2017-03-23, 06:04 AM
(2017-03-22 04:22 PM)TLD Wrote:  I am not completely sure, but i only seam to get salvage when the small green things reach my airship.
I know it is a fault in my design, that i need to keep the speed ud to avoid getting shot down and it may end in me having to start over or rebuild the craft completely.

Maybe. Speed isn't going to save you from lasers, unless you are fast enough to just outrun any laser ships, including fliers (and warp to different map through gate). Yes, now that you mention it, think you are right about those green things - although you should still be able to get it after battle is over.

Workshop: Voidware, INARI and more.