Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
It's my first day! Artaxerxes class Light Scout
2017-01-13, 09:00 PM
RE: It's my first day! Artaxerxes class Light Scout
(2017-01-13 03:44 PM)Eagle Wrote:  
(2017-01-13 03:40 PM)Stage Wrote:  
(2017-01-13 01:32 PM)Pyrotech51 Wrote:  
(2017-01-13 01:21 PM)Stage Wrote:  I had a corvette out in my current campaign game but it got sunk by a horrible submarine :-(

If you have missile racks with ejectors you could always switch out a few for torpedoes, or possibly add on a designated set of torpedo racks to the craft. Just play around with the torps until you find one that has a good mix of speed, range and firepower, and remember that HE modules receive a significant damage boost when underwater.

I've been investigating torpedos after seeing your ridiculous stealth hydrofoil in action. I've had *some* joy but I don't really understand them yet. Do torpedo propellers use fuel tanks, for example?

In general I have a hard time judging effective range of missiles.

Torpedo props use fuel, but far less than missiles. So in general you'd only need one fuel tank. If you manually dure a rocket of torp and then uit Caps Lock you'll follow the missile/torp on iets trajectory and so be able to judge its range and performance.

Edit: Damn, autocorrect on your phone is a b***** when English is not your native language...

LOL. Even funnier is before you pointed it out, I didn't even notice that it was in "Autocorrectese" and not English. I was about to tell him about that feature, and saw you beat me to it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-01-14, 06:42 AM
RE: It's my first day! Artaxerxes class Light Scout
After fixing the missiles the Light version was able to take down a Barracuda, which always gave me problems before! Not... consistently, sadly, but still it's come a long way thanks to advice :-) It's now reborn as a light cargo runner and starter boat for a new campaign run with godly opponents.

BPs have been updated in the OP!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply