Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FPS drops really low when hosting (Resolved)
2017-01-08, 05:34 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-01-10 01:40 AM by MagicMissile.)
FPS drops really low when hosting (Resolved)
Hey everyone!

I have this strangest issue that suddenly showed up out of nowhere by itself.
I've got around 70+ hours on this game, according to steam, most of it in multiplayer games that I've hosted, playing in LAN and online.

A week or so ago, this issue appeared where my FPS slowly drops from a stable number of 81-79 to around 12 over a duration of 4-5 minutes.

FPS keeps dropping even when I don't touch the game at all after starting up the server. It also keeps to a low 12 FPS when I quit the game and go back to the server's lobby thing. The instant I click to shut the server down, FPS jumps back to 81.

Doesn't matter if I start a new campaign or pick a previous save, also tried different campaigns.

I only get this issue when hosting a multiplayer game, doesn't matter if I'm hosting the server for a single player or two.

I've tried rebooting the modem, re-installing the game twice, installing it on a HDD, SSD, removed all the settings and player profile files so that the game gets all the default settings back, but nothing seems to help.

Single-player works flawlessly.

My specs are:
i7-4790K @ 4GHz
16 GB RAM
ASUS Z97-P Motherboard
GTX 1070
Win 10 64bit

Edit: Forgot to add that the issue doesn't show up if I join another sever, so it's only when hosting a game.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-01-09, 10:48 PM
RE: FPS drops really low when hosting
Managed to pinpoint the issue even further. It only happens if I launch it through steam, not when I go to the game's folder and start it from the executable.
2017-01-10, 01:39 AM
RE: FPS drops really low when hosting
Good news, I found the fix for it! Running steam in Windows 7 compatibility mode was the source for this specific issue.
2017-01-11, 06:24 PM
RE: FPS drops really low when hosting (Resolved)
interesting...

The nation of "Squirrel'Zed" is open for recruiting.
(Faction Thread: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=19101
Faction Fleet Thread: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...tid=19102)