2016-12-20, 08:21 PM
RE: Idea: FTD Wiki Updating Event
(2016-12-20 07:44 PM)JakeTheDj Wrote:  
(2016-12-19 05:42 PM)Geoff Wrote:  snip

Just added a page! .,;,,,;,. http://fromthedepths.gamepedia.com/Armor_Layering

Thank youSmile

"I don't have to reinvent the wheel because you can teach me how it works."
"I tried being normal, but it got boring, so I went back to being me."
PS: Please make all keys in FTD remappable. Remappable while in game would be even better.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-12-31, 06:48 PM
Changed Campaign page, with more recent and relevant informations

Changes:
- Added a campaign type explanation Sandbox vs RTS
- Replaced the Neter sub campaigns with all Vanilla campaigns (Seasonal too)
- Updated the custom campaign list, all "living" campaigns are there, i only included "Major" campaigns.... campaigns that have subforums

http://fromthedepths.gamepedia.com/Campaign

[Image: vP4vDHc.png]

Check out my Zrytix, Land RTS
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-01-04, 07:09 PM
There should be a misc tips and tricks page, with things like:
- torpedo props give grenades a boost
- spinblocks allow hiding thrusters behind walls or even in things
- reducing APS gauge by 0.1 mm will often give a +1 bonus to clip capacity without affecting stats

On second thought maybe there should be a whole separate section on spinblock exploits

Gehm's corollary: Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced
2017-01-04, 07:18 PM
(2017-01-04 07:09 PM)Chrozayis Wrote:  There should be a misc tips and tricks page, with things like:
- torpedo props give grenades a boost
- spinblocks allow hiding thrusters behind walls or even in things
- reducing APS gauge by 0.1 mm will often give a +1 bonus to clip capacity without affecting stats

On second thought maybe there should be a whole separate section on spinblock exploits

Wiki shouldn't ever teach player how to abuse exploits to gain advantage, it should teach the player how to play the way it meant to be

And i will make sure Wiki will stay that way

2017-01-04, 07:43 PM
Please remember "the way it meant to be" is subjective and may vary with each person and in different situations. One person's exploit may be considered a cheesy tactic or interesting strategy by someone else.

"I don't have to reinvent the wheel because you can teach me how it works."
"I tried being normal, but it got boring, so I went back to being me."
PS: Please make all keys in FTD remappable. Remappable while in game would be even better.
2017-01-04, 08:15 PM
It is my personal opinion that cheese should be documented. I said nothing about making that documentation easy for a newbie to understand. Mention what it is but not how to do it, if you can.

My point is, there are lots of bits and pieces of applied knowledge floating around that deserve mention on the wiki.

Gehm's corollary: Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced
2017-03-14, 05:51 AM
(2017-01-04 08:15 PM)Chrozayis Wrote:  It is my personal opinion that cheese should be documented. I said nothing about making that documentation easy for a newbie to understand. Mention what it is but not how to do it, if you can.

My point is, there are lots of bits and pieces of applied knowledge floating around that deserve mention on the wiki.

In my personal opinion if anything your idea should be a bloopers version of the wiki...like for example "AMAZING GLITCH'S AND FTD HACKS OF ALL TIME!!!". However I agree they should ever be shown to the player base purposefully.

"Dem Inquisishun humies can't be trusted any further dan day can be thrown, which in dat one's case might be a bad example."
[Image: thumb-350-48007.jpg]
2017-03-14, 05:53 AM
Also MRVECZ...you just made me laugh "Tanks are very space effective, can still function with heavy damage and ground absorbs some recoil" (from wiki). Tanks are effective with heavy damage........MR TURRET'S WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A WORD....

"Dem Inquisishun humies can't be trusted any further dan day can be thrown, which in dat one's case might be a bad example."
[Image: thumb-350-48007.jpg]
2017-03-14, 06:34 AM
(2017-03-14 05:53 AM)Champion Of Sparta Wrote:  Also MRVECZ...you just made me laugh "Tanks are very space effective, can still function with heavy damage and ground absorbs some recoil" (from wiki). Tanks are effective with heavy damage........MR TURRET'S WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A WORD....

If you have a box with some curves and little turret like your M60 Tank attempt with random ammo boxes scattered around it for no reason, then its not a surprise that it falls apart.

I assume my words apply when they are optimally build

ACC isnt so scary unless you know how to optimize your build and make it the strongest and most versatile weapon system in the entire game.