Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.88 Average
Battleship Brawl, Season 3 (Running Daily Mon-Fri, Submissions Closed)
Today, 03:07 PM
RE: Battleship Brawl, Season 3 (Running Daily Mon-Fri, Submissions Closed)
^^ I've been asking myself all morning if it's possible.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Today, 04:16 PM
No, that's not going to be allowed in any of my tournaments. No modifying game files.
Today, 04:17 PM
Spoil sport XD
Today, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: Today 05:07 PM by NutterChap.)
(Today 11:30 AM)TheConeezeanEmperor Wrote:  Now, can you do that with huge jets, powered wheels or ion engines? That is now the question.

If they have a slider that allows you to give a thrust multiplier of 0.0 to 1.0, than probably yes. Though in the case of the huge prop, power consumption rose as well.

@ menti Sad to see you disallowing it but OK, I guess it really is a bit tweaky. Smile Though Im not modifying any of the dlls or exes the game is made of, so technically I don't see it as modifying game files, as in: files that are part of the core game. Doing that is outright hacking. I only modify a prefab I have prepared in-game. I would compare it with that tool that allows you to see what kind of blocks are in a given blueprint: it (or another?) allows to replace block A with block B (HA with stone for example). It is a user-generated file that I open in notepad. (Already feeling a bit like the matrix here) Any BP that uses that block will have it at say 900% even if you haven't got the prefab on your system: it becomes integral to the BP.

Still, if you feel it has no place in your tournaments that is A-OK. At least you gave clarity, which is all the better for I like clarity.

:EDIT:
@ Coneezian: Does it work with *****? Yes. It does. See attachments. Even custom jet controllers can easily be rigged. My bomber usually needs a few seconds to get to 90m/s. It now goes 0-180m/s within a single second. I tried out all the parts below and it works. Just don't use them in tournaments unless specifically allowed. Ima check if it works for weapon systems too... Tongue

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  48.blueprint (Size: 29.04 KB / Downloads: 0)
.blueprint  45.blueprint (Size: 29.04 KB / Downloads: 0)
.blueprint  44.blueprint (Size: 29.04 KB / Downloads: 0)
.blueprint  43.blueprint (Size: 29.04 KB / Downloads: 0)
.blueprint  42.blueprint (Size: 29.05 KB / Downloads: 0)

I hope you will put up with a little more of my foolishness. Please bear with me.
2 Corinthians 11:1
Today, 05:16 PM

Today, 06:52 PM
hmmm I think the dauntless tried to stay afloat by grabbing (ramming) the Iron Kronos, but sadly the kronos knocked out the engines resulting in the dauntless slowly sinking while trying to knock out the iron kronos' propellers
Today, 09:08 PM (This post was last modified: Today 09:10 PM by AdNecrias.)
@NutterChap
This seems to be an easy thing to fix that'll just make loading designs slower.
When reading float's from a file do a Mathf.Clamp01 on it rather than expect the file to be intact. Or a regular Mathf.Clamp(-1, 1) or 0, 10 for other values. Mathf in Unity's case that is.

I loved the claymore, sad to see it go.

(2016-10-27 12:13 AM)Chromoid Wrote:  AdNecrias, you have earned this:
[Image: EObLzKD.png]
Bear it with pride, my friend. *salute*
Today, 09:48 PM
(Today 09:08 PM)AdNecrias Wrote:  @NutterChap
This seems to be an easy thing to fix that'll just make loading designs slower.
When reading float's from a file do a Mathf.Clamp01 on it rather than expect the file to be intact. Or a regular Mathf.Clamp(-1, 1) or 0, 10 for other values. Mathf in Unity's case that is.

I loved the claymore, sad to see it go.

Why of course it would be easy to fix. Upon reading in a value, it should be checked whether it falls within a given range, which would add time to loading the BP. Being able to tweak a prefab is not really a bug though. Actually getting my huge props to 900% by what appeared to be nothing but giving an ACB something else to do, is, but I can't reproduce that situation somehow.

In any case, the looks of the Claymore were well done and unique enough for me to vote for a HoB induction. Here's hoping more of those nice ships are hidden down there in the queue.

I hope you will put up with a little more of my foolishness. Please bear with me.
2 Corinthians 11:1