Poll: Do you feel like the mod is balanced?
1: Simple weapons are balanced
1: Simple weapons are overpowered because...
1: Simple weapons are underpowered because...
2: Torpedos are balanced
2: Torpedos are overpowered because...
2: Torpedos are underpowered because...
3: The Vulcan guns are balanced
3: The Vulcan guns are overpowered because...
3: The Vulcan guns are underpowered because...
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.67 Average
After Cataclysm v2.0 Preview.
2018-03-31, 10:19 PM
RE: After Cataclysm v2.0 Preview.
That was A* grade Ship toast, all right Glayn Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-04-03, 07:33 AM
Hehe...there were some triggered faces around.

Seriously guys, AC mod by Glayn is all about replica/historical shipping, do you really think that will change just because?

I am patiently waiting...

(2018-03-12 05:51 AM)Chunkblaster Wrote:  @Lord O' Talons What Anime is that?

(2018-03-12 01:22 PM)Lord O Talons Wrote:  BM effects and docking stations.

---lolwhat Big Grin
2018-04-03, 09:45 AM
Does someone have a proper guide for how to build the 4inch guns? Can't figure it out at all xD
2018-04-03, 11:22 AM
If you open your menu while in game there are a few build guides to the left, at the bottom is one for the new guns

[Image: EwYtNDC.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-04-08, 05:52 PM
I can't see the guide for the 4 inch cannon. Can anyone atleast point me in the right direction?
2018-04-08, 08:27 PM
In case anyone cares, google image search recognizes the picture Rhea posted of Tiger and Sherman as a Churchill.
2018-04-16, 07:26 AM
Hey, glayn... kinda important... Still can't ue your CIWS as intended.. no way to control them for the CIWS modules.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-04-16, 02:43 PM
(2018-04-16 07:26 AM)Softie Wrote:  Hey, glayn... kinda important... Still can't ue your CIWS as intended.. no way to control them for the CIWS modules.

A small temporary workaround would be to place a turret on the FtD CIWS controller and place the AC's CIWS cannon on that turret. That seems to work for me.
2018-04-22, 04:36 AM
For some reason there are quite a couple bugs surrounding the torpedoes.

1. Using old torpedo modules, the HE body works like a fuel body (doesnt add any HE, only fuel);
2. Using old torpedoes, when fired they bob up and down in altitude, moving about 3 meters up and then 3 meters down right after launch to staying roughly at the altitude they're set to be at 30-40 seconds after launch (the torpedoes remain facing completely straight as this happens);
3. No matter how I try or on what kind of block I try, I cannot place TX Thrusters and therefore use TX torpedoes at all. Using TX torpedo parts with old torpedo tubes just replicates the 2nd bug.

Im using 2.16 FTD with AC v2.0, Deco+, ProtechTechTools and dahak's 4 mods - all of these are the latest versions on these forums and their plugin.json files have the required "FtD_version: "v2.16"," lines in them. Everything else in the mod works fine except this. Ive tried reinstalling the mods, using just AC and ProtechTechTools, reinstalling the game and then the mods, nothing worked.
2018-05-02, 12:53 PM
With the new change to the weapons over 50mm i've found that the range of these weapons have drastically been decreased. Since they now use the APS system and the guns have a max size limit on the shell size the ranges i was seeing for the 88mm, 3.7" and 4" where between 1000 to 1300m max with simple AP or He heads. The 127mm with around 2900m and 140mm with around 3000m still have a somewhat ok range although in my opinion there still a bit to short. Even though i really like the gun models at this point if you want to use the 88mm, 3.7" and 4" guns for AA they just wont do the range is to short compared to the 20 and 40mm AA guns. At this point if you really want to use those larger gun sizes for AA purposes your better of building them trough the APS system then using the ones from the mod as you get a better range from them even if you lose the bonus accuracy from the AC guns. I do hope these guns will get a boost to there ranges tho, it would be nice if we can get between 4 to 5km range on these guns. Otherwise they will always stay inferior compared to the 20 and 40mm AA guns that AC also provides.