Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[Fleet BP thread] Blockhead Marlin Corporation
2016-07-19, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 2016-09-19 07:31 PM by Eon.)
[Fleet BP thread] Blockhead Marlin Corporation
[Image: fEH086r.png]

Lore:

The Blockhead Marlin Corporation originally started as a small company within the Steel Empire that produced advanced aircraft and light, fast naval vessels with jet propulsion and hydrofoils. While the Steel Empire did provide a secure and stable income for the company in its earlier days, major shareholders and company leaders believed the company would be capable of doing better on its own, without the regulation and competition they had to deal with as part of the Steel Empire. However, they were unwilling to break away from the Steel Empire at that point for fear of starting a war between the BMC and the vastly more powerful Empire. The leaders had no choice but to bide their time and wait for their opportunity.

This opportunity eventually presented itself after the Scarlet Dawn's first invasion of Neter. The Steel Empire, after having fought a long and brutal war, was beginning to crumble. With the Onyx Watch and Lightning Hoods having already split from the now weakened Empire, the BMC decided that it was their turn to escape. For the next scheduled maintenance and upgrade session, the CEO, Linda Makaira, requested that all ships built by BMC be present at the BMC Headquarter's docks for quick fleet-wide refits. She then ordered the activation of sleeping gas traps secretly installed on every ship built by the corporation, knocking out any crew on board and leaving the ships free to be boarded by BMC personnel and supporters. Makaira also ordered for the self-destruct mechanisms on all aircraft built by the BMC to be detonated as without some form of carrier it was impossible to take the aircraft with them, nor could the corporation risk having their own technology be reverse-engineered and used against them. After loading as much resource as they could on each vessel, the entire corporation fled the Empire in their newly captured navy.

The Empire, now severely crippled by the sudden loss of almost half of its air force and a large portion of its lighter naval craft, was in no position to stop them. As the BMC sped away, they shot down whatever aircraft the Steel Empire was able to scramble and outran the rest of the Empire's navy.

The BMC eventually found a resource zone to the east of Eriwick and captured it, settling on a nearby island. They were now in DWG territory, far from the reach of the former Steel Empire, where they began accumulating resources to build an empire of their own.

Full set of images below:

Image album 1
Image album 2

Naval Vessels:

Sentry-class Frigate:
Slow and cumbersome compared to virtually all newer BMC Frigates, the Sentry features relatively heavy armor, a forward mounted double tri-barrel 125mm autocannon, 36 multipurpose LUA-guided thumper missiles, and shielding over most critical areas. Top speed ~22m/s

[Image: UzOCsiN.jpg]

Guardian-class Heavy Frigate:
Essentially a miniaturized battlecruiser, the Guardian is lightly armored but heavily armed with two 500mm double cannons as primary armament and a 120mm HE 6-barreled autocannon along with several 30mm double-barreled autocannons as secondaries. Ships of the Guardian class also feature a light LAM system. Top speed 27m/s

[Image: Oa6u84S.jpg]

Skimmer-class Light Patrol Trifoil:
Small, fast, and deadly in swarms, these light hydrofoils were designed to be able to easily swap weapon systems to take on different missions. Current versions include: Missile, Electronic Warfare (EMP), Torpedo, and Cannon, as well as a miniaturized Missile skimmer because LOOK AT THE TINY CUTE MISSILE BOAT. Top speed ~50m/s

[Image: 1azVD53.jpg]

Marksman-class AA Frigate:
The first ship designed by BMC after breaking away from the Steel Striders. The Marksman is relatively cheap, but effective. Armed with two 125mm 6-barrel autocannons firing HVAP at 2250 RPM, and sporting armor almost as heavy as that of the Sentry class, the Marksman also sports double-layered turret-mounted shields. Top speed 30m/s

[Image: Bdf8YTx.jpg]

Sentinel-class Missile Destroyer:
Many of the higher-ups of the BMC, especially Makaira herself, have always dreamed of building larger ships, but their larger designs were never accepted by the Steel Empire. Having freed themselves from the regulation of the Empire, the BMC immediately sought to obtain enough resources to build such a vessel, and eventually they completed the Sentinel. Bristling with weaponry, the Sentinel is armed with a 500mm railgun firing HEAT rounds at 21 RPM, eight 120mm autocannons of the same type used on the Guardian, and 70 multipurpose LUA-guided thumper missiles. However, while she was indeed an impressive sight and a powerful warship, the large destroyer was soon found to be terribly inefficient compared to smaller, faster frigates, not to mention extremely expensive, and only one was ever built. Because of her cost, she is normally kept out of battle, engaging only when absolutely necessary. She currently serves as a mobile floating base of operations. Top speed ~17m/s

[Image: q48NPQ1.jpg]

Tsunami-class Assault "Tank foil":
The Tsunami class assault vessels are a strange new class of vehicle. Each Tsunami-class assault hydrofoil carries one type of weapon, either a large-caliber howitzer, 500mm HEAT direct-fire cannon, or multipurpose missiles, and a combination of multiple of these vehicles is typically deployed at one time. Extremely unsafe to pilot, these floating weapon platforms are in fact hardly capable of floating on their own, and will sink if they are not moving fast enough! The vehicles also lack doors entirely, because they allegedly compromise the aerodynamics of the vehicle, and that the windshields are removed after every mission and replaced with new glass before the next one (or I just forgot to put them there), thus doors are unnecessary. Top speed ~85m/s

[Image: VK9skcq.jpg]

Venture-class Patrol Frigate:
The Venture class of frigates were designed to be compact, light and fast reconnaissance vehicles, with large radar and little emphasis on combat capabilities. However, they are arguably the most combat efficient of any of BMC's frigates. While they carry two 76mm 6 barreled autocannons firing HVAP at 1800RPM, their most effective weapons are their missiles. Utilizing 'new' spinblock compacting technology, the Venture class warships are able to mount an impressive array of 48 new extended range LUA-guided thumper missiles, effective out to 2500 meters. Venture-class frigates are also capable of repairing themselves and can carry almost enough resource to build an entirely new copy of themselves, though the standard Venture lacks the capability to actually build new ships. Turret shielding is standard on these vessels and there is plenty of engine headroom to add more shields. Top speed ~50m/s

[Image: am2CLzP.jpg]

Aircraft:

F-61 Peregrine Falcon:
Standard single-engine multirole fighter of the BMC, designed after secession from the Steel Empire. Fast, maneuverable, but inefficient. Carries 24 standard multipurpose LUAGMs. Top speed ~170m/s

[Image: pd3gqXf.jpg]

SH-92 Seahunter:
ASW helicopter carried by the Sentinel-class Missile Destroyer. Carries 3 heavy torpedoes and 8 laser beamrider thumper missiles as well as a nose-mounted heavy autocannon.

http://i.imgur.com/JsThKUT.jpg (I went over the image limit, sorry.)

F/A-63 Harpy:
Standard twin-engine multirole strike fighter of the BMC. Fast, slightly less maneuverable than the F-61, terribly fuel inefficient. Carries a 6-barrel 125mm autocannon firing HVAP at 1500RPM as well as 16 standard multipurpose LUAGMs. Top speed ~170m/s

[Image: b4ZNUhw.jpg]

F-66 Swift:
Small, fast, very agile and efficient microjet. Carries 8 short range high-speed AA thumper missiles.

http://i.imgur.com/DrI0zsY.jpg

Land Vehicles:

None so far

Ammunition:

6 Block Standard LUAGM:
3xFins-VT1000-3xFuel-3xFRAG-LUA-Thump
1800m maximum range.
Uses LoSboccacc's top-attack missile guidance.
http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=10000

HVAP:
Generally lots of GP casings behind a Base Bleeder behind a few Sabot bodies with a Sabot cap.
I aim for >1681 damage with >20 AP (Destroy metal beams with one shot), or >841 damage and >20 AP (Destroy metal beams with two shots, for smaller cannons)

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Sentry-class Frigate.blueprint (Size: 164.57 KB / Downloads: 41)
.blueprint  Guardian-class Heavy Frigate.blueprint (Size: 208.55 KB / Downloads: 42)
.blueprint  SkimmerTrifoil-M.blueprint (Size: 51.61 KB / Downloads: 49)
.blueprint  SkimmerTrifoil-T.blueprint (Size: 52.69 KB / Downloads: 49)
.blueprint  SkimmerTrifoil-EW.blueprint (Size: 51.58 KB / Downloads: 48)
.blueprint  SkimmerTrifoil-G.blueprint (Size: 77.42 KB / Downloads: 43)
.blueprint  Marksman-class AA Frigate.blueprint (Size: 175.1 KB / Downloads: 41)
.blueprint  Sentinel-Class Missile Destroyer.blueprint (Size: 746.51 KB / Downloads: 94)
.blueprint  Tsunami-class Light Assault Hydrofoil APS.blueprint (Size: 68.5 KB / Downloads: 44)
.blueprint  Tsunami-class Light Assault Hydrofoil CRAM.blueprint (Size: 70.89 KB / Downloads: 45)
.blueprint  Tsunami-class Light Assault Hydrofoil - Missiles.blueprint (Size: 74.3 KB / Downloads: 41)
.blueprint  Venture-class Patrol Frigate.blueprint (Size: 223.44 KB / Downloads: 49)
.blueprint  F-61 Peregrine Falcon.blueprint (Size: 105.74 KB / Downloads: 51)
.blueprint  SH-92 SeaHunter.blueprint (Size: 78.66 KB / Downloads: 50)
.blueprint  FA-63 Harpy.blueprint (Size: 174.25 KB / Downloads: 48)
.blueprint  F-66 Swift.blueprint (Size: 80.34 KB / Downloads: 57)
.blueprint  MiniSkimmerTrifoil.blueprint (Size: 37.42 KB / Downloads: 34)

[Image: CU6kuFB.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-07-19, 12:47 PM
RE: [BPS WILL BE UPLOADED LATER] [Fleet BP thread] Blockhead Marlin Corporation
No pics no clicks

Something something danger zone
2016-07-19, 03:04 PM
RE: [BPS WILL BE UPLOADED LATER] [Fleet BP thread] Blockhead Marlin Corporation
^. tho very nice lore and descriptions.

Click me for my BP Thread!
[Image: 2i23asy.png]
[Image: hYqcknT.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2016-07-19, 06:55 PM
RE: [Fleet BP thread] Blockhead Marlin Corporation [UPDATED]
BPs and images have been added! Big Grin

2016-07-19, 07:20 PM
Very nice Big Grin and impressive designs.

2016-07-19, 07:32 PM
Thanks! Tongue I've just uploaded a mascot image, what do you think?

2016-07-19, 08:04 PM
(2016-07-19 07:32 PM)Eon Wrote:  Thanks! Tongue I've just uploaded a mascot image, what do you think?

Nice.
This are mine: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=12677
Although much of the earlier entries are broke since i don't do modernization, unless its an important one,

2016-07-19, 09:33 PM
Wow your fighters are really nice! I really like the shaping of them, but one thing that i think stands out on your ships is the massive barrel sizes. I know there really isnt much you can do about it functionality wise, (apart from maybe rail-assistance) but it does make them look quite silly aesthetically.
2016-07-19, 10:10 PM
(2016-07-19 09:33 PM)MISD Wrote:  Wow your fighters are really nice! I really like the shaping of them, but one thing that i think stands out on your ships is the massive barrel sizes. I know there really isnt much you can do about it functionality wise, (apart from maybe rail-assistance) but it does make them look quite silly aesthetically.

Thank you! And yeah, I know the barrels do end up getting quite long just to keep stuff reasonably accurate. I've been trying to decrease barrel length by just sticking to the "optimal" length values instead of going for 0.001 accuracy but they still end up longer than would be IRL. The Marksman class is definitely the worst offender when it comes to ridiculous barrel length, it almost looks like the bowsprit for a sailing ship rather than a cannon. Oh, well. I'll definitely look into using railguns to try and decrease barrel length.

2016-07-20, 12:26 PM
They're so sleek, so sexy. I love them.

If at first you don’t succeed, call it version 1.0
[Image: Xx28lJc.gif]