Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
v1.9552 [dev test only] [APS rebalance v2]
2016-05-31, 12:29 AM
v1.9552 [dev test only] [APS rebalance v2]
Particle cannon Lensed arms fire two shots at 50% rather than one shot at 50%

Jets and propellers have a "max speed". When the vehicle approaches this speed the thrust they put out goes down to 0. This is to bring the speed of vehicles down across the board in FtD but if you're used to going at about 100 -> 120 m/s you probably won't notice it much.

Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-05-31, 01:03 AM
RE: v1.9552 [dev test only] [APS rebalance v2]
I tried it a bit and I fear that all aircraft will have their speed between 120-150m/s.
We will need a new propulsion system for high speeds, until then we will loose some aircraft diversity.

It's strange to see the fury flying at less than 140m/s... it's so vulnerable now...
Find all posts by this user
2016-05-31, 01:49 AM
(2016-05-31 01:03 AM)Gladyon Wrote:  I tried it a bit and I fear that all aircraft will have their speed between 120-150m/s.
We will need a new propulsion system for high speeds, until then we will loose some aircraft diversity.

It's strange to see the fury flying at less than 140m/s... it's so vulnerable now...

That's the point. FtD stops working as a game when high speed = near-invulnerability.
2016-05-31, 04:54 AM
Patched up, loaded up my cruiser design, tested it against a couple of DWG trash ships, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with my 500mm 21rpm cannons lol. At 2-3km (its normal broadside range) was scoring less than 5% hits, used to get about 30-40% at that range. I had a look at the recoil inaccuracy cool down, was getting down to about 2.5 each shot. Will have to try and tetris in recoil absorbers later, see if that makes a difference

(2016-02-21 11:07 PM)Tallon Warhawk Wrote:  I'm slowly starting to believe everyone who plays this game is an evil scientist

My fleet list here
2016-05-31, 05:01 AM
We used to have lasers for fast things. To bad they are useless now.
2016-05-31, 05:20 AM
I think the big change is that you need to consider recoil absorbers as just another necessary cost of achieving high rates of fire (along with autoloaders and gauge coolers), rather than a nicety to be tacked on afterward.

That said, I am rather concerned about the potential obscelescence of small, simple cannon---cannon without gauge increasers or coolers have very few places to put recoil absorbers, and are very heavily hit by recoil inaccuracy without them.

Allr andask.
2016-05-31, 06:54 AM
I feel like the 5 block ciws is now dead.
2016-05-31, 08:14 AM
(2016-05-31 06:54 AM)yay101 Wrote:  I feel like the 5 block ciws is now dead.

i feel like alot of good things are dead now Sad

[Image: WE3eo57.jpg]
2016-05-31, 08:21 AM
Like what? And what is a 5 block ciws?

Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2016-05-31, 09:23 AM
I'm happy about the rebalance, but i think that very small (60mm and less, realistically sized autocannons) need to be unnerfed a bit. Light AA is hard to make look at all good as it is, and the same is even more true of guns for small aircraft. I'd like to see something to make gun armed aircraft actually useful again, and for that matter, a way to do light AA again. This said, the buff has been a good thing if you want larger flak guns. On the subject of that sort of thing: Will we ever get a way to switch ammo types quickly and automatically? Being able to switch from AP shells to flak shells would make small ships far better, as one gun could easily do the job of two, not to mention this was done in real life all the time.