Poll: Is it stable material?
Better or same as stable
Worse than stable
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
v1.9547 [dev test & development for now]
2016-05-27, 12:29 PM
v1.9547 [dev test & development for now]
Content updates and player skills have been significantly rejigged.

For personal reasons I'm not working much this weekend so if you could let me know whether this build contains any massive bugs and if it doesnt then ill push it to stable as well

Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-05-27, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 2016-05-27 12:54 PM by majyst.)
RE: v1.9547 [dev test & development for now]
Reserved for content update post. A lot to type up

Neter:

Adventure Mode:
Increased weighting to factions, so now SD is weighted at 100 and DWG is weighted at 10

This is on top of previous design specific difficulty weighting that was adjusted last time.

Missions:
SS mission 3 cleaned up and improved, but not yet ready to go to leaderboards

Added Tooltips over the story mission faction selection to tell you the basic premise of the storyline, or if its an alternate time line or primary timeline (DWG is the only primary)

The Culling:
28 designs removed from Game. 10 of them from the player faction to try to make the "Favorites" list less overwhelming.
Designs removed from DWG, OW, TG, WF.
These designs were redundant, or broken and i removed them to help lower the Neter design Bloat.
If i removed your design, or your favorite design im sorry, i tried to look at them objectively and when i had 2 designs doing the same thing then remove the least useful one.

Glao:

3 New defense Turrets added to the land around HQs.

[TRD] Fast attack craft changed, previous version was way over volume limit and used LUA.

"Secret" faction that spawns after the first 3 Factions are destroyed has been renamed to "Scarlet Dawn". You may have heard of them.

Ashes of the Empire:

Ashes of the Empire is now ready to be played. The Campaign is laid out with 6 factions, HQs, Elite Tanks, the works.

You start at war with DWG, but that will change next update.

Lots of balancing needs done still.
To play it, you must loaded the world from the "Change worlds" option, AoTE does not have a planet header yet.

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"Exaggerating just pisses me off" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds
Find all posts by this user
2016-05-27, 12:42 PM
Btw there is some sort of memory leak in 1.9546 that caused multiple crashes for me, going to try to post the crash report

[Image: DrBGmGy.png]

Join the Universal Supreme Alliance!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2016-05-27, 12:51 PM (This post was last modified: 2016-05-27 12:53 PM by depth_dweller.)
Hi Nick.

I think Scientists tooltip is broken?

[Image: qUNFw5A.jpg]

Also, wow, everything is nerfed into oblivion.

EDIT: Same for Nanites.
2016-05-27, 12:54 PM
Also, I think none of the EMP vulnerable blocks is showing any EMP vulnerability in blocks menu...
2016-05-27, 01:38 PM
(2016-05-27 12:51 PM)depth_dweller Wrote:  Also, wow, everything is nerfed into oblivion.

It was needed to keep skills halfway sane, just the worst offenders:
- for only 4-500 in armorsmith you take no noticeable damage
- at 4000-5000 salvo batteries every missile launcher in the fleet is an infinite ammo machinegun, even with 50m missiles
- with a few thousand in naval submarines move at supersonic speeds
- lasers have 0 inaccuracy with a single steering lens
- cannons have 0 reload time and ammo cost, perfect accuracy(still somewhat limited by barrel cooldown and recoil though)
- aircraft move well over 1K m/s, not that important since they are mostly uncontrollable at those speeds
2016-05-27, 01:56 PM
With these changes, all of the leaderboards probably need to be reset, because most of the top scores are unachievable with nerfed player skills.

(2015-08-17 03:24 PM)TauNeutrino Wrote:  7/10 hijacks ALL my jokes.
2016-05-27, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 2016-05-27 02:17 PM by draba.)
(2016-05-27 01:56 PM)chp2001 Wrote:  With these changes, all of the leaderboards probably need to be reset, because most of the top scores are unachievable with nerfed player skills.

Yep, 4 out of my 7 scores are impossible to do without the boat speed boost/ultra missile spam.
I'm pretty sure the 1.9K on crash and burn is borderline impossible without single shot APS buffs, no clue how others did 4K on muddy waters and 1.5K on speed bumps.
2016-05-27, 02:40 PM
(2016-05-27 12:34 PM)majyst Wrote:  The Culling:
28 designs removed from Game. 10 of them from the player faction to try to make the "Favorites" list less overwhelming.
Designs removed from DWG, OW, TG, WF.
These designs were redundant, or broken and i removed them to help lower the Neter design Bloat.
If i removed your design, or your favorite design im sorry, i tried to look at them objectively and when i had 2 designs doing the same thing then remove the least useful one.

Which designs specifically? I just want to know so I can salvage the blueprints for them before the Culling reaches the stable state.

Changing Tides Custom Campaign

[Image: yEs6wNp.png]
2016-05-27, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 2016-05-27 02:49 PM by superschokokeks.)
Adventure mode

I'm at 1.2 and encounter a SD pulsar

I don't know if I have to start a new adventure to get the new scaling. I reloaded save game from yesterday

edit: ah.. and now an annihilation TG

I don't know why I still use my nickname, which no one can read but germans

From the Depths is like life: You'll never stop learning.