Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
v1.9546 [dev test and development]
2016-05-22, 10:14 PM
v1.9546 [dev test and development]
Fixed a bug with scrapping that made scrapping very slow. It's now a lot faster.

Added support for setting default force AI modes in the planet editor so stuff can spawn in Fleet move

Improved pathfinding for forces in fleet move they should handle a lot better now (both naval and aerial)

Added Steel Striders miission 2 to the leaderboard system and it is very much revamped. Still needs a final balance pass but the core of the mission is in place.

Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-05-22, 10:27 PM
RE: v1.9546 [dev test and development]
YES! Pathfinding is finally better!

How many virgins shall I sacrifice to appease thee?

[Image: DrBGmGy.png]

Join the Universal Supreme Alliance!
2016-05-22, 10:42 PM
(2016-05-22 10:27 PM)A Lemming Wrote:  YES! Pathfinding is finally better!

How many virgins shall I sacrifice to appease thee?

i think he would prefer to have such virgins at home rather than sacrificed XD
Find all posts by this user
2016-05-23, 12:29 AM
Now for the great despawn benchmark of 2016, everyone blow up Kingsteads with tac nukes!

[Image: ztvyyfc]
• Novgorod Naval Technical Board, 1905 Naval Review •
• Secretary to the Empress, Coronan Empire, Anmeberry Accord •
2016-05-23, 04:12 AM
Good work as always, Nick.
2016-05-23, 05:58 AM
(2016-05-22 10:14 PM)Nick Smart Wrote:  Added support for setting default force AI modes in the planet editor so stuff can spawn in Fleet move

Improved pathfinding for forces in fleet move they should handle a lot better now (both naval and aerial)

Awesome stuff Nick

[Image: vP4vDHc.png]

Check out my Zrytix, Land RTS
2016-05-23, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 2016-05-23 08:09 AM by majyst.)
This might not be the best place to bring it up, but do missiles seem incredibly useless to anyone else?

Smoke is needed against most lasers, and also stops laser targeted missiles. 50 blocks of flares will stop 9001 blocks of IR seeking missiles, camera or no. Torpedoes are slower than a constipated SPAGHETTI MONSTER and simply don't work against a third of enemies.

The really only way to build a missile is to make it a line rider, and if you move more than 10m/s the line riders burn a lot of fuel getting back on the line instead of getting closer to the enemy. Line riders tend to need 1 or 2 more fins and 1 or 2 more fuel to match the performance/range of similar missiles.

On top of this, even when they do work, they tend to deliver above average damage/block but really really low damage/metal.

And this is before most of the godly designs have CIWS even implemented at all...

Personally, I think missiles need a huge buff in both range and guidance. The damage is low but not useless, the problem is just that most missiles you fire will just chase a flare off into space or never reach the enemy.

The only godly designs that use missiles at all also use mega sabot railguns to deliver most of the damage and disable defenses so the missiles can actually even hit.

I'm not a balance expert or anything, but I think you could probably even triple the fuel per fuel block in missiles on top of making cameras completely ignore flares and missile would still not be OP.
2016-05-23, 06:49 AM
On the other hand, lua guided missiles are borderline unstoppable.

I feel like this discussion would.be better in one of the previous threads though. At least until the upcoming cannon changes are made and balanced.
2016-05-23, 06:52 AM (This post was last modified: 2016-05-23 06:52 AM by Mr.YaR.)
As the my aim was always to play campain, missiles didn't seem to be useless to me.

They still do big holes in various campain opponents. I use mainly "Heavy" anti-ship missiles that hit targets moving at max ~30m/s.

They lost efficiency last months, for sure, but still hold a niche in my weaponery.

Now there is more sence in specializing between heavy and light missiles. You don't need much to down a plane but you will much less damage a sea/land unit with the same missiles. But FtD can be very different depending on the approach you have.

Wait?! PATHFINDING ?!>!?!m?!?i!?r!a?c!?!l?!e? Needs testing!!!

2016-05-23, 07:07 AM
(2016-05-23 06:49 AM)yay101 Wrote:  On the other hand, lua guided missiles are borderline unstoppable.

That's why I feel that the issue is mainly in the guidance mechanisms. LUA seems OP when used, and when not used missiles seem useless.

They still do fine against enemy ships that have no counters, but against anything godly or expert they are just wasted resources.