Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
1.9543 [dev test and development only]
2016-05-20, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 2016-05-20 03:07 PM by Vincent5840.)
RE: 1.9543 [dev test and development only]
The explosion looks really good.

Is it possible to introduce this explosion on missiles, but on a smaller scale?

[Image: Ei84Wms.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-05-20, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 2016-05-20 03:29 PM by superschokokeks.)
Where to find that block? I can't find it (yes I have dev test activated)

Do I need "devtest and development" or is devtest just enough?

I don't know why I still use my nickname, which no one can read but germans

From the Depths is like life: You'll never stop learning.
2016-05-20, 03:29 PM
Should be in Misc in devtest, did you make sure you updated?

Sometimes finishes things.
2016-05-20, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 2016-05-20 03:50 PM by superschokokeks.)
yes of course. That's why I looked into the forum
edit1:
I'm so blind. I'm so very very very blind.

I even saw the preview model and I thought It was some component under a different section

edit2:
hm.

The only scenario which I can think of that wouldn't be a total waste is to use a vehicel spawner that spawns those bombs above the head of the enemy or a very mini vehicle with a jet on a turret that points to the enemy. Still no gurentee(don't have to) hit but it justifies the dmg.

Otherwise a kamikaze run with one vehicle doesn't do much because it can explodes before if something hit it. It would cost a lot more resources than using a gun.
Kamikaze with more than one is still mh. more expensive than using one vehicle with a big gun.

I test it on a 4 block thick beam metal wall and it penetrates 2-3 blocks and destroyed more than 5 metal beams (i think a lot more. I didn't count it)

The explosion was greater than the impact Big Grin .. Ok 4 block beam metall wall is strong. So it does enough damage.

I think that nuke can stay in the game without questions. You could build a Vehicle-missle/ICBM with it ! and you can still counter it !
Nothing op. Nothing too weak
My thoughts on that.

People that have more knowledge of this game will have better conclusion about it than I.
I'll test later that ICBM

I don't know why I still use my nickname, which no one can read but germans

From the Depths is like life: You'll never stop learning.
2016-05-20, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 2016-05-20 04:05 PM by gruntmaster1.)
Would make more sense to place the tactical nuke block in the Simple weapons category. Would also be nice if we could detonate it with an ACB. The effect is really cool, but causes a lot of lag if the camera is inside the effect.

Nuclear Reactor Mod v0.9.81
Future Tech Mod, tomorrows technology today! - Discontinued
2016-05-20, 04:22 PM
The ACB hook up is in the next patch. Fire Weapons is the ACB output to look for.

Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2016-05-20, 04:22 PM
Will move it to simple weapons.

Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2016-05-20, 04:25 PM
Until nick gets the ACB hook up on the nuke, try this.

Set a cannon pointing at the nuke, set an acb to fire the cannon at the nuke when close tot he enemy. Cannon will detonate the nuke

[Image: 0365f1ff4f.jpg]

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"Exaggerating just pisses me off" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds
2016-05-20, 05:55 PM
When I heard about nukes, the first thing that popped into my mind has been a catapult launching the nuke to the other ship.
OK, I'll try not to let my mind wander too much...
2016-05-20, 06:37 PM
Yay nukes Big Grin

Using 500mm shells in magazines sort of worked for kamikaze warheads but having proper warhead block is nice.

Now i have to resurrect my flying mothership that drops kamikaze torpedo drones.
For that purpose it would be nice to have a stronger docking clamp that could keep hold of vehicles when moving at speed, limited to holding lower mass vehicles than the mothership ofcourse.

くコ:彡