Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
1.9543 [dev test and development only]
2016-05-20, 04:09 AM
1.9543 [dev test and development only]
Player score (Leaderboard stuff) now flows into a special attribute called "Luck" that grants "lucky rolls" on some things like aiming, shield reflection, ammo barrel ignition (a lucky roll stops your faction's ammo barrels from exploding).

It also flows (perhaps much more importantly) into an experience gain factor.

Lucky rolls are currently displayed to the HUD but in the fullness of time I may turn that off as the outcome of the rolls is so minor as to not be worth displaying,( most of the time)

(and sometimes it's nice to feel lucky without knowing it!!)

White Flayer mission 2 is now leaderboarded but the leaderboard MIGHT be wiped for next patch if we decide the par time is currently too long!

Reviewed FtD on steam yet? It's the #1 thing you can do to help FtD (and future games by Brilliant Skies!), so please take the time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2016-05-20, 05:04 AM
RE: 1.9543 [dev test and development only]
Wrecker blueprints are broken or missing in WF-2, unplayably so.

I can't lead the leaderboards like this!
Find all posts by this user
2016-05-20, 05:10 AM (This post was last modified: 2016-05-20 05:11 AM by carmenara.)
Ammo barrel non ignition from luck is awesome.

That means whomever has the buff has benefited from real life advances like wet ammo storage, compartmentalization, venting, anti flash procedures or just plain lucky.

Poor ammo storage design would lead to HMS Hood type event.

[Image: ztvyyfc]
• Novgorod Naval Technical Board, 1905 Naval Review •
• Secretary to the Empress, Coronan Empire, Anmeberry Accord •
2016-05-20, 06:37 AM
I have proposition for adventure mode:

Let there be sets of gates (say, RED), that are guarded by small, heavily armed cities (so small landmasses here or make floating cities). To get to Red gate you have to either destroy they defenses, bribe them, fulfill some quests for them, or be really quick and tough with your main craft to get to gate. To prevent only speeding, the gate may sometimes find itself protected by solid barrier made of part of city.
The purpose of Red gate is, that its gateway between planes. Green and Blue gates allow only movement in the same plane (albeit random), and sometimes may lead to Red gate.

So Far So Good
2016-05-20, 07:34 AM
This 'luck' won't affect the campaign, right? Because I want to win that due to my designs, not luck gained from getting high scores in a game type I'm not very much into.
2016-05-20, 07:35 AM
Its only 1 percent crit chance. Won't change much.

2016-05-20, 08:31 AM
Considering the amount of attacks you'll see in an average campaign that 1% is gonna show up pretty often.

Is it obvious when a crit happens? Like, will I be able to tell apart a crit hit from my impact particle cannon from an unusually well-placed one?
2016-05-20, 08:44 AM
The character buffs and attributes give much more than a 1 percent boost to anything they touch especially with huge amounts of points allocated to them though.

Luck rolls are presently displayed clearly on screen for the moment.

2016-05-20, 09:13 AM
I at least hope the Luck will be optional. I generally don't use the Skills in the Campaign other than the Miner, to get more resources. Because i don't want to affect how my builds work. That's why i like the skills, they're optional, so someone who either wants to screw around or have an easier time can use them, and someone who wants a more 'vanilla' experience can avoid them.

That's why i'm hoping Luck will be optional.
2016-05-20, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 2016-05-20 09:19 AM by majyst.)
(2016-05-20 09:13 AM)Evil_Brick Wrote:  I at least hope the Luck will be optional. I generally don't use the Skills in the Campaign other than the Miner, to get more resources. Because i don't want to affect how my builds work. That's why i like the skills, they're optional, so someone who either wants to screw around or have an easier time can use them, and someone who wants a more 'vanilla' experience can avoid them.

That's why i'm hoping Luck will be optional.

1. If you dont do the missions, you cant even get it
2. if you do get it, there is a check box you can un-check to deactivate it

(2016-05-20 01:13 AM)Nick Smart Wrote:  Disableable [Image: 84cfea2b6a.jpg]

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"If you claim that a change is destroying the game your exaggeration just make me ignore you" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds