Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Code for graviton ram-powered flight (Version 1.1)
2017-03-14, 07:58 PM
RE: Code for graviton ram-powered flight (Version 1.1)
(2017-03-10 05:20 AM)Qes Wrote:  Has anyone managed to fine tune it for combat-style flight patterns yet? Appropriate bursts of speed only timed when flight is meant to be straight?
I'd love to create a minimal Air/Space Superiority fighter around this concept, but I rely on the genius of others to implement it.
As it is - this is what I hoped the warp drive *would* be.

Also, I seem to be back...again.
That would also be great for insane dodges that would confuse even high order predictors :-) and I mean HIGH order ;-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-04-20, 10:17 AM
(2017-03-14 07:58 PM)Fernir Wrote:  That would also be great for insane dodges
Personally, I'd rather see a bulky and somewhat slow fighter covered in a frontal panel of ram blocks. Lines itself up with a target and WHAM ship-sized railgun projectile. With speeds over 1000m/s the ram block 2*mass*velocity damage formula starts popping some godly figures.
2017-04-20, 11:41 AM
(2017-04-20 10:17 AM)Zephyratus Wrote:  
(2017-03-14 07:58 PM)Fernir Wrote:  That would also be great for insane dodges
Personally, I'd rather see a bulky and somewhat slow fighter covered in a frontal panel of ram blocks. Lines itself up with a target and WHAM ship-sized railgun projectile. With speeds over 1000m/s the ram block 2*mass*velocity damage formula starts popping some godly figures.

1. Doing that has always been considered an exploit.

2. Gravrams don't work like that anymore.

The good news is, there is another way to reach insane speeds with minimal space requirements. however, since I (and presumably the other people who have seen this) don't want this falling into the wrong hands, I will not specify how this is done.

However, using this to get a ramming vehicle to above a certain velocity will increase it's damage to integer overflow (wherein a number in code exceeds about 1.8 billion and resets itself to zero) and due to the safe nature of the collision, both parties are propelled litterally infinite meters in all directions simultaneously in the space of about half a second. Ignoring silly little things like terrain and map boundaries.
At the end of their journey, they wink out of existence, whilst technically being alive at 100% HP.

Sooooooo... just don't. it's fun making stuff go bye bye in the designer, but you have to restart the designer after everytime you do it, and using it in the campaign/tournaments will get you stuck in an unending battle between you and nothing/get you kicked out.

Uses the golden ratio.

[Image: n4pzmbo]

Fat_ninja - today at 1:40 PM
Would the perfect pair of boobs be 1.6 times the size of the body or vice versa?
2017-04-20, 09:00 PM
(2017-04-20 11:41 AM)spookywaggon Wrote:  1. Doing that has always been considered an exploit.

Sooooooo... just don't.

Down boy, I'm not looking to commit any war crimes or parade through tournaments like god's gift to meta. I simply found the notion of turning a destroyer into a burst speed pinball a thought experiment that made me giggle.
2017-04-20, 09:16 PM
(2017-04-20 09:00 PM)Zephyratus Wrote:  
(2017-04-20 11:41 AM)spookywaggon Wrote:  1. Doing that has always been considered an exploit.

Sooooooo... just don't. but you have to restart the designer after everytime you do it, and using it will get you stuck in an unending battle between you and nothing

any war crimes made me giggle.

Bloody well read the whole thing BEFORE you edit out everything except parts of the first and last sentences. Context is important.

Uses the golden ratio.

[Image: n4pzmbo]

Fat_ninja - today at 1:40 PM
Would the perfect pair of boobs be 1.6 times the size of the body or vice versa?