Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[WF] Desecrator
2015-11-02, 12:57 PM
RE: [WF] Desecrator
Humm, Ive got mixed feelings on replacing the missile bay with a gun. Wanted to go with a missile heavy godly design to distinguish it from the preforator. Having said that, the main guns fire emp and having the aa guns have a mix of ap/flares/smoke sounds interesting as well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2015-11-02, 01:16 PM
Im trying to keep WF less missile spammy, so I didnt like the amount it had. The missile bay I kept could be expanded to hold a few more missiles.

To differentiate the Perferator and this one, the Perferator is a lot of AP, it just pokes holes in the enemy, thus the name. It has 1 Large, 2 Medium, and 2 small cannons.

Desecrator now has 2 large Cannons 2 small cannons. 1 large cannon is EMP with squash heads so it takes out chunks of the ship and EMPs not pierces, the other is AP..I think, cant remember.

Anyway, i have most of it done, just got pulled off on another side project...

Also, i am not an APC expert, im sure these cannons could be built better, but they are decent.

Heres the WIP Blueprint

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  desecrator.blueprint (Size: 754.77 KB / Downloads: 21)

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"Exaggerating just pisses me off" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds
2015-11-05, 05:18 AM
Done with this. its not perfect, but APCs are still a learning experience.

In addition to the turrets changes, I added more missiles back in, on the back section since Saavage had intended this to be more missile heavy.

I removed the majority of the shielding. Double shielding on a design this big is impossible with the fuel changes coming.
I put in 80% coverage with shield strength 5-10. This takes about 30k Power which is the MAX power drain I think ill be able to reasonably put on ships in the future.

Due to its size, I can not adequately defend it to make it Godly now, so im putting it as 60 FP Expert.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Desecrator.blueprint (Size: 822.58 KB / Downloads: 23)

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"Exaggerating just pisses me off" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds
2017-11-19, 01:38 AM
The Desecrator was overhauled in update 2.02, and it has a lot more guns than before.

It has four 54mm triple-barreled CIWS turrets firing flak, two per side.
One twin 225mm triple-barreled turret firing short sabot shells on the bow.
One twin 36mm sextuple-barreled turret firing looooong sabot shells at the stern
One quad 250mm double-barreled turret mainly firing sabot shells with some disruptor/frag shells mixed in facing the bow.
Two quad 500mm turrets firing another shell mix containing disruptor/frag and wide angle frag shells, both supercavitating, with the turrets facing opposite directions to bow and stern.
Plus two 13m bow mounted torps.

You'll also notice that it spawns in with two Bloodshot vehicular missiles, the unholy kinetic impactors created by Cheveyo. Not sure how they work, even after inspecting one, but there have been plenty of reports from players stating that these things can strip an entire side off of a capital ship or bisect it depending on where the Bloodshot hits. Saving grace to balance these things is that they move fairly slowly, so as long as you set up dedicated AA systems which are directed to clear out smaller units you shouldn't have too much trouble.

For defenses, it has single layer strength 4 reflect shield coverage, four flares (two with a sonar buoy) in total, a decent quantity of surge protectors, and no laser defenses.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.blueprint  Desecrator.blueprint (Size: 597.89 KB / Downloads: 2)
2017-11-19, 02:46 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-11-19 04:03 PM by Vorpalim.)
I think bloodshots use the recoil from an ADV Cannon to propel itself into an enemy with extreme speeds and cause an ridiculously large amount of kinetic damage from the impact. Oh, I hadn't thought of that one, thanks.

Like all the crafts in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzE4FELU...fNid33Lkhi
2017-11-19, 02:49 AM
At 0:55 you could see what looks like a gun barrel sticking out of the back of the Saturn 5.
2017-11-19, 02:13 PM
A wonderful unit, the next main enemy after I more or less solved the Devourer problem. Wink

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-11-20, 07:50 PM
A bit different style than most other WF battleships. This one has higher rear superstructure, whereas most (I think all) other have a higher center and similar heighted front and back, with a main gun in the middle and front-back symmetry in the other guns.

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.